Latter-day Saints/god of flesh and bones

LYNN ALAN wrote at 2012-12-14 07:09:44
God in the Mormon church does not have the same meaning as taught in the Bible. The holy Scriptures clearly state that "God is Spirit" (John 4:24). The Scriptures also teach of a Trinity (although this word is not found in Scripture the concept is) in such passages as Matthew 28:19 and 3:16-17. Only the Son, Jesus the Anointed, "did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant" (Philippians 2:6-7). The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit transcend time and space, thus the Psalmist writes:

Psalm 90:2 KJV

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Psalm 93:2 KJV

Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.

Latter-day Saints

Gene Black