Latter-day Saints/inspiration of the Book of Mormon etc

Question
QUESTION: Read an answer dated 08/31/2010 by a Brother Smith for the Latter-Day Saints which was not logical in its conclusion. The question was posed "How can you be a Mormon and a Christian?" And two Scriptures were quoted Gal. 1:8,9 & 2 Tim. 3:16,17.  Brother Smith made some irrelevant comments and then illogically concluded that " The Bible could only be complete if: (1)God has lost his ability tospeak to Man; (2)God doesn't love us anymore; or (3)We don't need God's help anymore."  
Of course I believe none of these to be true while at the same time I believe that the Bible is complete and is also the final revelation from God to man. It was revealed to Peter that everything needed for life and godliness has been provided.
What need does man have for the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants,  and the Books  of the Pearl of Great Price and are they inspired revelation from Almighty God?

ANSWER: We need the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and the Books of the Pearl of Great Price because the Bible has been changed over the centuries so it is not complete and accurate today.

Yes, the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and the Books of the Pearl of Great Price are inspired revelation from Almighty God.

QUESTION: On what do you base your information about the Bible? There is an obvious cohesiveness to the 66 books of the Bible that does not exist within even one of the
Latter-Day "Scriptures," much less all three works and the  Bible combined.

On what do you base your statement concerning the inspiration of the three Latter-Day "Scriptures." Is there any evidence for their inspiration? Other  than Joseph Smith's claim there is no evidence.
The claim of Latter-Day Saints that they accept the Bible as Scripture, but only insofar as they feel it has been "translated correctly," is an euphemism which  really means inasfar as the Bible agrees with other purported revelations which Mormonism espouses. When I asked one of the two young men, who claimed not only to be "elders" but also gospel preachers,if the apostle Paul preached what they were preaching and received a negstive response it was clear Mormonism proclaimed another and accursed doctrine.

ANSWER: We agree that the existence of the Book of Mormon is a fact. If you have read it, what explanation do you have for its origin?  If you have not read it then I do not think that you have grounds to criticize it. Do you really believe that the Bible which includes books written over a period of hundreds of years, many years after the events occurred, copied innumerable times by hand and translated multiple times is complete and without error?  This does not even take into account the Apocrypha and which books should be included in the Bible.  

QUESTION: I have read the Book of Mormon and it is full of anachronisms that it becomes an unbelievable joke. The final writer a man called Moroni the son of Mormon makes the following claim: "Mormon followed the tradition of his predecessors, stating in the Words of Mormon 1:9, "now I, Mormon, proceed to finish out my record, which I take from the plates of Nephi; and I make it according to the knowledge and understanding which God has given me." Mormon was writing from his own knowledge and understanding, he was not inspired. Or did he? Some inspiration is implied in the Words of Mormon 1:7, "And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will." Among all of the authors of the Book of Mormon, Mormon comes closest to claiming inspiration.Moroni, the son of Mormon and last surviving Nephite, completed the final abridgment of the Nephite record and composed the final book of the Book of Mormon. Moroni did not anticipate writing, as he expected death: "Now I, Moroni, after having made an end of abridging the account of the people of Jared, I had supposed not to have written more, but I have not as yet perished; and I make not myself known to the Lamanites lest they should destroy me." Finding himself alive, and lacking anything else to do, he wrote several chapters of commands from Jesus, commented on several false practices, and attached several of his fathers letters recording the disastrous conclusion of the Nephite - Lamanite war.Moroni begins the final chapter of Moroni with the following statement, "Now I, Moroni, write somewhat as seemeth me good ..." (Moroni 10:1).
Moroni was recording his opinion of the good. He did not claim inspiration. From the beginning of the Nephite record, Nephi's writings, to the conclusion of the Nephite record, Moroni's writings, every single author relied upon their own opinions and knowledge. They did not possess inspiration, and they could make mistakes.
How can you claim the book is inspired when Moroni says he is writing his own opinion as was the tradition of the Nephites.

Answer
Moroni was a Prophet and when writing in that role then what he writes is inspired.  I really do not understand what you are trying to accomplish with these questions.

P.S. Deut. 4:2 states pretty much the same thing as Rev. 22:18

P.P.S. Having read the Book of Mormon, did you sincerely pray and ask God if what you read was inspired?  

Latter-day Saints

David Gross