Latter-day Saints/Can I be forgiven??

Louis wrote at 2012-12-09 23:50:15
Hey Jayce, I am a member of the church and I believe that you can be forgiven!  Remember the scripture "though your sins shall be as scarlet they shall be as white as snow" - Isaiah 1:18. Talk to your Bishop he will help you. The path may not be easy, but Jesus as well as so many of the church authorities have testified of the miracle of forgiveness.  Remember also the story of the prodigal son, the story of Alma, the story of Saul and so much more.  I know that it is hard to believe that you can be forgiven, again talk to your Bishop.  "The worth of [your]soul is great in the sight of God" DandC 1:10. - Louis

LYNN ALAN wrote at 2012-12-14 07:41:17
I do not understand, if you confessed openly that you had sinned why were you disfellowshipped? It seems to me that you were repentant and  wishing to move in a more positive direction. The only thing I  can see disfellowship accomplishing after repentance and the  confessing  opening of ones sin is to push the repentant soul into the hands of Satan. The Scriptures do not teach any such thing. Private sin is to be handled through pray between the one sinning and God and sins of a more public nature should be addressed to those offended and prayer is the key to forgiveness also.

Once the believer in Christ acts upon his faith in obedience to Him salvation and freedom from all past sins is gained. After this John instructs us as follows:

1 John 1:7 NASB

If we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 1:9 NASB

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Paul also instructs in the letter to the Galatians

Galatians 6:1-2 NASB

Brethren, even if anyone is caught in any trespass, you who are spiritual, restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness; each one looking to yourself, so that you too will not be tempted. [2] Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ.  

Latter-day Saints

Michael Kelley

For a different viewpoint on Mormonism for your questions, try me. I am a staunch believer in the Book of Mormon and belong to another church (the Church of Christ)that is set up identically to the Biblical church. If there are things about traditional Mormonism that trouble you or you have questions about, just ask and you might find the answers from the Book of Mormon to be quite surprising. I have been studying the scriptures diligently for 16 years under the school of hard knocks... I may not have all of the answers but will sure go find them if I don`t. I`m strongest on Biblical and Book of Mormon doctrines, and am also somewhat familiar with Mormon history and archaeology.

Almost 30 years experience of online support, discussion groups, moderator etc.

Associates Degree