Latter-day Saints/"What Proof Is There That Jesus Was Resurrected?"

Question
Hi Michael,
 I have been asked to do an over-view on: "What Proof Is There That Jesus Was Resurrected?" Can you help me?

Thanks,

George
Cebu, Philippines

Answer
Hi George,
 I will be happy to answer your question. Please note that I am not LDS and belong to a different church that believes in the Bible and Book of Mormon.

I am not personally aware of any physical evidence of the resurrection of Jesus per se... at least not anything that would convince a non-believer (not saying you are in any way). There are many eye witness accounts in the Bible such as the 11 Apostles who physically touched Jesus and knew his resurrection really happened.

Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up , whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 13:30 But God raised him from the dead: 31 And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

Acts 10:41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

1 Corinthians 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep .

Personally for me a greater proof of the resurrection of Christ is the Book of Mormon which details His visit to the Americas soon after His resurrection. He showed the people the scars in His hands and side and many touched and knew He was the resurrected Christ. Almost every Native American tribe has legends of a bearded white God who visited their anscestors, healed their sick, raised their dead etc. There is a book available titled "He walked the Americas" by Hansen that details many of these legeneds. Jesus also visited many islands of the sea, the Polynesians thought Captain Cook was the bearded white God who had promised to return and were mistaken. It is quite possible the Phillipines could be one of those islands Jesus promised to visit in the Bible (He promised to visit the lost sheep in the Bible).

I hope this helps answer your question, feel free to ask other questions if you wish.

God Bless,
Mike

Latter-day Saints

Michael Kelley