Latter-day Saints/Afterlife

Hi Drew
What is Mormonism view on the afterlife?
Do they believe that non christian will go to hell?
Will Mormon and non Mormon get to reunite in the afterlife?
Thank you

Mormons believe that when we die our spirits go to a place of learning and service, far more pleasant than this world. We remain there and learn about God's Eternal Plan, or serve in some capacity, until the Resurrection of our bodies, at which point we receive the opportunity to be judged for the decisions we made and life we lived during mortality.

Mormons do not believe that non-Christians go to hell, but the term "Hell" means to be cut off from God's presence, and as such, even in the presence of the Savior, Jesus Christ, it would be a far better thing than to be left wandering eternity not knowing where we belong.

The notion of a "lake of fire" was an idea conjured up by the Catholics in the 14th century to terrorize non-believers into submission. There is no lake of fire in eternity (although people can still be cut off from God's eternal presence).

God is no respecter of persons. Whether a Mormon or non-Mormon--all souls are resurrected and brought before the judgement bar of Christ. The whole "Mormon" thing is just a nice, tidy way of recognizing people who believe in the idea that God had a plan from the pre-mortal state of humankind, and that his Plan was told to us via Jesus Christ and then restored by Joseph Smith.

Hope this helps

Latter-day Saints

Drew Williams

Are Mormons "Christians?" What is the truth about Mormons and drinking coffee, coke and alcohol? Why don`t Mormons watch "R" rated movies? Are there still Mormons who practice plural marriage? Why are Mormons married in a "Temple" and why are only a few people allowed to attend? What's the difference between a "Mormon" and a "Latter-day Saint?"

I am the author of the book: "Complete Idiot's Guide to Mormonism" (Penguin), which has now been read by more than 10,000 people. I have spoken on topics pertaining to the history of Christianity and Mormonism around the world, and have taught Mormon doctrine for more than 20 years, and am a former Methodist (practicing Baptist), convert to the Mormon Church. Without sounding "preachy," I can help clarify points of concern regarding Mormons as Christians, and can help others understand principles of belief behind the Mormon Church--as well as speak somewhat concerning the context of the New Testament (and the Book of Isaiah).

LDS Church

New Era, The Friend, Wall Street Journal, Computer World, Internet Week, others.