Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Michael Kelley

SubjectDate Asked
Happy Christmas -Mercy-Thanks12/20/2014
  Q: Once again me from Poona. Great city.Happy reading Urantia & BOM >> could you please explain about ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Priesthood keys are the authority given by God in the ...
Hell11/5/2014
  Q: What will happen to non Mormon and non Christian in the afterlife? According Matthew 13 50 I believe ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note that I am not LDS Mormon and belong to a ...
Christian Pastors behaviour4/19/2014
  Q: i have come across your earlier email replies. it seems you are practicing christian. your testimony ...
  A: U, The person claiming to be a Christian while hacking other peoples computers cannot possibly be ...
Urantia>> im decent "hath ki safai" christian4/12/2014
  Q: Greetings, im LDS church member here in mumbai i love Urantia book too >>>is any thing wrong in ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. I have never heard of or read the book of Uranta and ...
Blacks Ridiculed again by the Mormon Church9/20/2013
  Q: Blacks Ridiculed again by the Mormon Church By Lee B. Baker, Former Mormon Bishop For several years ...
  A: I too share your concerns about these false doctrines. They are not only absent from the Bible but ...
for otehrs salvation>>relation between MORMONS &mayans7/25/2013
  Q: i found lot of informationsvery useful do you support me to start a church her e in pune here in ...
  A: I will reply to you message below in **, Mike You sent: Dear mich thank you very much, i found lot ...
related to marriage7/21/2013
  Q: im muslim as well as christian. i wnat to know few things >>why saudi governement supports for ...
  A: I will try to answer some of your questions if possible. There seems to be a language barrier so it ...
"What Proof Is There That Jesus Was Resurrected?"2/25/2013
  Q: I have been asked to do an over-view on: "What Proof Is There That Jesus Was Resurrected?" Can you ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note that I am not LDS and belong to a different ...
please try to answer12/27/2012
  Q: Your question wasThe foundation of mormonism is basically the "visit" of the alleged visit of two ...
  A: I chose not to answer because I detected a spirit of contention in your last message and saw no ...
about MORMONS not BOM9/10/2012
  Q: i have high stress job, so i need some BOM know person, not nessarily member. i hate MORMON church ...
  A: India Your message reminds me of the following: 2 Nephi 28:12 Because of pride, and because of ...
Baptism for the dead6/22/2012
  Q: I hope you can help me with this question. According to Doctrine and Covenants section 27.5 the Book ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. The Book of Mormon itself states it contains the fullness ...
Can I be forgiven??6/3/2012
  Q: I am a 19 year old male from Texas and I feel like in the eyes of God and the LDS church I may have ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. I am not LDS and belong to a different church that ...
Mother of God4/30/2012
  Q: Was Mary the mother of God? My Pastor said she was. But, I have my doubts. Thank you. Colin
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. I believe the scriptures teach that Mary was the physical ...
ethics- capital punishment8/13/2011
  Q: I am curious as to Churches official position of neutrality toward capital ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to a different ...
Mormonism7/30/2011
  Q: can you prepare for a mission and live with a girlfriend?
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to a different ...
Women and priesthood offices / Heavenly Mother5/24/2011
  Q: I have been a member all my life, with generations belonging to the Church. I have received pat ...
Thanks5/16/2011
  Q: Michael, Thanks so much for your precise answer in regards to Luke 12: 13-15, 21. Since I am ...
  A: If I were to pick a theme, I would title the subject "Greater Riches". By the way, just so you know ...
Luke 12: 13-15, 215/12/2011
  Q: Greetings from Thailand. Hi Michael, Will you please explain Luke 12: 13-15, 21. I have an ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, you asked about the following: Luke 12:13 And one of the ...
secret combinations3/2/2011
  Q: Why does LDS not attack secret combinations? Thanks, Darrell.
  A: The LDS do not openly condemn secret combinations because in some respects many LDS practice such ...
the book of mormon inspired?2/14/2011
  Q: Mr Kelly, I ask the following of another "expert" who replied, "I am sorry, I can't help that." ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the Church of ...
about religion1/3/2011
  Q: I used to wonder about God, so I studied the bible and wondered who wrote it..because some of the ...
  A: Most of the contradictions in the Bible are artificial, meaning various contradictions aren't real ...
The begining of the Mormon Faith.11/8/2010
  Q: Please send to me a "quick" overview, on who Joseph Smith was - how, when and where, he found these, ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am ex-LDS (Utah Mormon) and belong to ...
Quotes from early church leaders9/22/2010
  Q: I am LDS and have a strong testimony. I have a few questions I would like to ask you pertaining to ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. I ran into a similar situation over the doctrine of ...
Help me to help a friend3/8/2010
  Q: I am LDS and one of my best friends(not a member) just told me he thinks he is bi sexual. He is an ...
adultery1/13/2010
  Q: Here is a wierd one. about 10 years ago my wife (now ex-wife)confesssed she had cheated on me. At ...
  A: Yes, that is a weird one, I have never heard of that one before. I can't speak for the LDS church or ...
Update11/18/2009
  Q: I just wanted to update you on what's been going on since the last time I emailed you. Well it's ...
  A: I am sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you. I am not surprised about the LDS ...
BOM and LDS11/6/2009
  Q: What is the practise in LDS that is contrary to the Book of Mormon?
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the Church of ...
Adultery10/31/2009
  Q: my name is Beatriz and I'm a 25 year old female from California. I personally am not a Mormon but I ...
  A: I will try to help answer your questions as best I can. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to a ...
B.O.M. question9/22/2009
  Q: The Book of Mormon mentions several animals, plants, and technologies that did not existed in ...
question for you7/25/2009
  Q: how are you ,Mike, I still working on my research , may I ask you few question , 1) did you go ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions below in **, Mike You sent: how are you ,Mike, I still ...
question BOM ?7/9/2009
  Q: how are you Michael, i am so busy lately for my job and also prepared the truth i found to you ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. I will reply to each below in **, Mike You sent: how are ...
Test the spirit5/25/2009
  Q: how are you mike , thank for your respond ,i accepted Lord Jesus as my savior at home , he ...
  A: I will try to answer your questions below in **. Please forgive me if I misunderstand anything you ...
Why become Mormon ?5/5/2009
  Q: how are you brother Michael, i wonder, why you go to Mormon ? when people say Mormon is not truth , ...
  A: Greetings Cheong, I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note I am ex-LDS and belong to ...
Marriage questions5/1/2009
  Q: Michael If marriage is essential to achieve exaltation, why did Paul say that it is good for a man ...
Church Leadership4/3/2009
  Q: I read that you don't believe in the 1st Presidency that Joseph Smith claimed as a revelation from ...
  A: Yes, I do not believe in the 1st Presidency as an official Priesthood office. The office is not once ...
2 questions: Blacks, and a River3/28/2009
  Q: Are these Mormon scriptures still valid today in the Book of Mormon and The pearl of Great Price? ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the Church of ...
Church of Christ questions1/18/2009
  Q: Sir, I generally agree with the Church of Christ as seen on their website, but I'm a member of the ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, please note I am ex-LDS (Utah Mormon) and belong to the ...
I have a question.1/15/2009
  Q: I have a question for you not out of meanness but out of general curiosity. I am an inactive member. ...
Dating a mormon1/12/2009
  Q: there is this guy at my school who i think is very cute and we have been talking back and forth. my ...
the church you attend11/24/2008
  Q: I was baptized into the LDS church several years ago. Before that I attended the Worldwide Church ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. I had been baptized LDS at 8 yrs old but was not converted ...
J Smith10/12/2008
  Q: you state that J. Smith did not practice pologmy or start it. Why do all the books I have read state ...
Prophet?9/5/2008
  Q: Who do you consider to be living Prophet today?
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note I am ex-LDS and belong to the Church of Christ ...
The veil over of LDS8/25/2008
  Q: Michael - as you are an ex-LDS member, what's your perspective on JW Smith, B. Young, etc. Tools of ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Yes, I am ex-LDS however I belong to the Church of Christ ...
Throne and Lamb8/21/2008
  Q: according to Mormons Who is sit on the Throne in Revelation 4:10 and who is the lamb in Revelation ...
Are Morman's saved?8/14/2008
  Q: 1. Do Mormans believe in Heaven or Hell? 2. If a Morman marries a Christian would they be ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note I am ex-LDS and belong to the Church of Christ ...
do you6/9/2008
  Q: do you really believe that African/African Americans are cursed..??
Need of understanding3/9/2008
  Q: I am among a long line Mormon generations descending from the very beginning of the church. I am ...
What do mormons believe12/13/2007
  Q: Do mormons believe The book of mormon is the word of God and it along with the doctrines and ...
Missionaries11/12/2007
  Q: well i guess ill start off with im getting baptized on the 8th of december this religion seems like ...
previous question10/14/2007
  Q: Hey, Thanks for doing this, you seem to be a good fellow. I came across an old response you sent ...
  A: I have a problem accepting the Pearl of Great Price as scripture because of many reasons, mainly ...
BofM Physical truth10/11/2007
  Q: I am new to the LDS religion and respect everyones opinion. My question is.... Has ther been any ...
Health9/21/2007
  Q: I am exploring my spirituality. After many years as a smoker,drinker,and caffeine,I am attracted to ...
more than one wife9/13/2007
  Q: wrote you the other day. What is the purpose (agreed upon or not) that Mormonism, the original ...
LDS question9/12/2007
  Q: What is the difference between the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the church of LDS ...
God9/9/2007
  Q: Does God exist in a physical body? A body of flesh and bone? Did God start with a mortal body (like ...
i dont get it.....8/26/2007
  Q: You say that you are different from LDS and that your an ex-LDS. LDS do NOT believe in the more than ...
  A: Yes it is true I am ex-LDS. I belong to the Church of Christ that believes in the Book of Mormon. ...
modern revelation8/25/2007
  Q: I have several friends who are LDS and I talk a lot with them about the religion. I was wondering if ...
You continue to fascinate me! PLEASE READ 1ST BOFORE ALL OTHER ?'S8/21/2007
  Q: I'm sorry Michael for bugging you so recently but I have only just found this site. so I am a little ...
  A: In answer to your question about the endowment, there are a few members in the CoC (Church of ...
more from the searcher.8/21/2007
  Q: Michael. first off. Let me congratulate you on what I believe is a wonderful attempt at answering ...
  A: I will be happy to answer more of your questions. I will cut and paste each of your particular ...
Latter Day Saints8/19/2007
  Q: I have a very important question for you. In one of your answers to a question you state: "Most ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. In answer to your question I think you misunderstood my ...
?7/19/2007
  Q: Why do Mormons claim to be a follower of GOD and of the bible but then create the Book of Mormon? it ...
Bible6/14/2007
  Q: I currently have questions pretaining to the Book Of Morman. Now I know that Latter- day Saints ...
Dating and Friendships.5/10/2007
  Q: Can Mormon teenagers date or marry non-Mormons? I am not a Mormon, but I have many friends who are ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note I am ex-LDS and belong to the original Church ...
Do you define yourself as Mormon, or are only LDS members Mormon5/4/2007
  Q: I posted the following on the community of Christ website, and I have the same question for you. ...
language4/12/2007
  Q: Was the Bible originally written in Greek or Latin? Either way, since no one currently fluently ...
precious things missing from the Book of Mormon4/8/2007
  Q: Isaiah 2 to 14 are found in the Book of Mormon. Isaiah 1 is noticibly missing and it has my favorite ...
Bible fullness everlasting covenant3/3/2007
  Q: How can the Bible contain the fullness of the everlasting gospel if it has had covenants and plain ...
MountainMeadow2/7/2007
  Q: What is your take on the Mountain Meadows Massacre? Does the LDS Church have an “official” position ...
many questions and i doubt you2/5/2007
  Q: ok so here's my question, when you or anyone on this website answered questions, i noticed that some ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, please note I am ex-LDS and belong to the original Church ...
birth control1/17/2007
  Q: What is the Mormon position on birth control? I know you guys are generally opposed to it, but are ...
With regards to some of your answers.12/14/2006
  Q: I am an ex-communicated member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I still ...
understanding the religion11/19/2006
  Q: Michael, Hello, my name is Sang Cho, I am a 16 years old. Just recently my Mormon friend Todd, ...
?11/17/2006
  Q: Is it true and Mormans believe in a mother God and that they have special under garments?
human god11/6/2006
  Q: I want to know more about some of the more personal blessings? Do the mormans beleive that each and ...
The Church of Christ10/31/2006
  Q: There are many mormon Church of Christ. Is this the Birckonite one that accepts only the Book of ...
church of christ10/12/2006
  Q: where can I get more information on your church?
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the original ...
women's role9/11/2006
  Q: I grew up Mormon than my mother stopped going than at 15 years of age I went back with my sister and ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the original ...
fornication today9/3/2006
  Q: According to your knowledge and beliefs what is your stance about fornication today? Do you still ...
Who wrote the8/31/2006
  Q: I am LDS. But, have come up with a question that I don't know the answer to. I know that the Title ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am ex=LDS and belong to the original ...
Jospeh Smith History8/29/2006
  Q: On the title page of the Joseph Smith history, the subtitle states "EXTRACTS FROM THE HISTORY OF ...
global warming8/25/2006
  Q: I am currently writing a book on global warming. The basic premise of my book is everybody can make ...
  A: I won't be able to answer your question specifically because I left the Utah LDS Mormon church in ...
What kind of Mormon are you? (I'm not being a wise guy)8/21/2006
  Q: Hey Mike, I've been reading some of your answers and I have a couple of questions? You state that ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am ex-LDS (Mormon) and belong to the ...
Biblical Church8/18/2006
  Q: What would you say is the description or structure of the Biblical church?
Bible vertion8/8/2006
  Q: Today there are many Bible versions. WHy do Mormans seem to use the JKV? Will they use any other ...
  A: The LDS folks use the King James version, since I have not been a member of their church since 1983 ...
Bible bases for Nuber 38/8/2006
  Q: You partly answered this in the fist reply. Why would Jesus go to America.? Can you give a more ...
  A: As I mentioned earlier, Jesus was sent by the Father to the lost tribes of Israel: John 10:16 And ...
Bible bases for Nuber 28/8/2006
  Q: You partly answered this in your last answer. What Biblical bases is there for the the book of ...
  A: The primary purpose of the Book of Mormon is the fulfill the following Biblical principle: 2 ...
Biblical bases for....8/7/2006
  Q: I have several questions I want to ask, so I will ask one at a time. First, are there any Biblical ...
Church of Christ8/3/2006
  Q: To follow up on the earlier question I asked you: on the Internet I found two groups called the ...
  A: I belong to the Church of Christ which is also known as the Temple Lot or Hedrickites (named after ...
Your church8/3/2006
  Q: You said you are not a member of the LDS Church, but rather of the Church of Christ, which also ...
  A: Sure, be happy to help. Our official website is: http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/ My own personal ...
church7/19/2006
  Q: You said that your church is organized exactly the same as the primitive church in the Bible. My ...
The golden plates from which the Book of Mormon came from.5/22/2006
  Q: In the early history of the Mormon church,it mentions Joseph Smith carrying the golden plates ...
The plates5/6/2006
  Q: How did the italicized words, placed in the 1611 AD King James English translation of the Bible, by ...
Blacks4/13/2006
  Q: Do Morman's not like black people and do they allow them to join there church.
  A: I will be happy to answer your question. Please note I am ex-LDS and belong to the original Church ...
I have some replies to your...4/5/2006
  Q: I have some replies to your answers concerning "Secrete Ceremonies" that I asked a week ago. Please ...
  A: Be glad to talk with you through the email. My address is technomn@earthlink.net Look forward to ...
Bible verses that warn against secret ceremonies3/31/2006
  Q: I would like to find any biblical information on the warnings against secret ceremonies such as ...
baptized for the dead12/28/2005
  Q: friend: I have run across a doctrine regarding "baptizing the dead". could you explain and help me ...
  A: I apologize for taking long in replying... I've been on the road for the past 2 weeks and couldn't ...
doctrine11/15/2005
  Q: If Mormans believe that the Bible is "only as true as it is translated correctly" Then why do you ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, I apologize for taking so long, I've been on the road for ...
I work with a LDS young man...10/30/2005
  Q: I work with a LDS young man who is the most wonderfull thing that i have ever encountered in my ...
Eternal progression10/10/2005
  Q: Where does the theory of eternal progression come from in Mormon doctrine.
Cults10/7/2005
  Q: I don't have a question, I have a statement. You have jumped from one cult to another. Satan has ...
  A: Janet, Your ignorance of my beliefs is profound. Obviously you think I am a LDS Utah Mormon of ...
Doctrine Ques.7/7/2005
  Q: I was wondering how you interperted a few things in the bible. Firstly, John 1:1 "In the beggining ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. I apologize for being delayed in answering, I'm a truck ...
universe5/3/2005
  Q: How does the Mormon Church reconcile their view of an infinite universe with all the scientific ...
Basic4/24/2005
  Q: If the Book of Mormon is true, then why has the Mormon church changed it?
Easter and Mormons3/19/2005
  Q: being that Easter is fast approaching I was curious as to what the Mormon belief regarding the ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am not a Utah LDS Mormon and belong to ...
Celestial Marriage2/16/2005
  Q: I read the below in one of the questions you answered, and it caused a lot of questions; "The ...
bible2/6/2005
  Q: I'm a convert to the church. I grew up using the RSV and have been using the NRSV for the last 10 ...
The nature of Sin1/20/2005
  Q: I am currently working on a personal project about the nature of Sin. I am the artist and co-author ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, please note that I am not LDS (Utah Mormon) and belong to ...
god11/17/2004
  Q: I was wonderin why you belive in the book of mormmon.Also i have read some of the b,o ,m and i am ...
Golden Plates11/15/2004
  Q: In JS 1:60 it is indicated that JS returned the plates, when finished with them, to the Angel ...
  A: I Cleggsan, I will be happy to answer your questions. Please note that I am not LDS and belong to ...
God11/13/2004
  Q: When joseph smith taught that there where three gods.How does this fit in that the bible says that ...
Mormon Godmakers10/31/2004
  Q: Why are the men in the Mormon church referred to as the "Godmakers"?
Mormons10/20/2004
  Q: What is allow for a mormont to : - Do on Sunday - Participate in competition sports - To practice ...
Church of the New Testament10/18/2004
  Q: I have studied the mormon faith, and they claim to be set up as the new testament church of Christ. ...
The golden plates delivered to Prophet Joseph Smith10/11/2004
  Q: The Golden Plates delivered to Prophet Joseph Smith that He translated by the power of God, I want ...
Jesus Christ9/16/2004
  Q: Who is Jesus Christ?
faith and Healing9/15/2004
  Q: Actualy this is kind of two questions. the first is can faith health healing and the second is does ...
Cursed8/19/2004
  Q: Is it true that the book of mormon expresses blacks as being cursed?
  A: I will be happy to answer your question, please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the original ...
mormon beliefs8/16/2004
  Q: would you consider mormonism and true biblical Christianity to be one in the same? why or why not?
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, please note that I am ex-LDS and belong to the original ...
BOOK OF MORMON SITE8/9/2004
  Q: I am puzzled as to a geographical location mentioned in the BOM, that would be recognized while ...
  A: I am not specifically sure of what site you are referring to. I am aware of a site that a Mormon ...
BoM7/3/2004
  Q: Two questions: Why is polygamy condemned in the Book of Mormon? If government ever passed laws ...
mormon parents7/3/2004
  Q: I don't know if you are the right person to ask, but I figure its at least a start. First a little ...
mormonism6/30/2004
  Q: I noticed that the category of Mormonism was found under the subdivision of Christianity in this ...
Matthew 5:50 JST6/29/2004
  Q: Ye are therefore commanded to be perfect, even as your Father who is in heaven is perfect. Matthew ...
Women over men6/20/2004
  Q: I have a problem with women holding positions over men, such as Judges and political offices. What ...
Mormon archaeology?6/12/2004
  Q: You say you are somewhat familiar with Mormon archaeology, but I am not aware that such a thing ...
Joseph Smith's Legal Background5/31/2004
  Q: I was wondering how many times Joseph Smith was arrested. I know he was killed by a mob in a jail ...
what is the difference between the church of christ&5/23/2004
  Q: My name is janice:What is the difference in doctrine between you and the Church of Christ? Do you ...
The Cleansing of the Lord's House5/20/2004
  Q: www.mormon.citymax.com How does this site compare to what you have found to be true in your research ...
what would be some things...4/14/2004
  Q: what would be some things that you would tell a practicing "cradle catholic" about your faith to ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions. By "cradle catholic" I assume you are meaning you were ...
Hi Michael I am a 23 Roman...4/8/2004
  Q: I have a Mormon friend with who I debate with but he never listens, only tries to tell his idea. ...
  A: I will be happy to answer your questions, sorry for the delay in getting back with you, been doing a ...
Book of Mormon4/7/2004
  Q: Do you still believe in the Book of Mormon? I thought the Church of Christ renounced it as doctrine ...
  A: Yes, we absolutely still believe in the Book of Mormon. You might have us confused with the former ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Michael Kelley

Top Expert on this page