Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Ray McIntyre

SubjectDate Asked
Sexuality7/19/2016
  Q: What is the Community of Christ view on pornography, masturbation, and Pre martial sex? Will one ...
  A: Alvin, We are all sinners but we have a Father in heaven who loves us. Porn, Masturbation and Sex ...
Afterlife5/13/2016
  Q: What is CoC view on the afterlife and what will happen to non christian in the afterlife? Will ...
  A: The CoC teaches that family, while important,is not the most important relationship. Rather our ...
God command of killing8/25/2008
  Q: An Atheist asked me if your God Jesus is love and love us then why He command Saul to killed every ...
  A: There is an assumption in your question that I want to highlight as I think it will answer the ...
Trinity5/13/2008
  Q: I am a former mormon, now Christian. My understanding is that RLDS/community of Christ accepts the ...
  A: The Community of Christ does have a Trinitarian belief. From the Community of Christ ...
Atonement10/25/2007
  Q: Why aren't you telling people Jesus was the perfect spotless sacrifice required to shed His blood ...
  A: June, Not at all. The Bible is quite clear that it is for LOVE of humankind that Jesus becomes ...
religion crisis6/24/2007
  Q: i have a situation my mom is christian and my brother who i love and respect as well as my mom is ...
  A: Barbara, Firstly let me simply say no place is more fraught with tensions than home. Simple things ...
Atonement at Gethsemane6/7/2007
  Q: My question is where did the doctrine of atonement at Gethsemane come from? Almost all Christian ...
  A: Kenny, I think the earliest reference to this is found in the Doctrine and Covenants 19:16-19 ...
Order of Books and Study Guide6/2/2006
  Q: Since I have not heard from you regarding my question of several days ago, I'm writing again. Why is ...
  A: Wayne, Firstly my apologies, my email handler was not working well and is continuing to have ...
Why doesn't the Morman church promote JS bible3/30/2006
  Q: In my research I found the Joseph Smith has his own version of the bible and wondering why they ...
  A: Joseph Smith's Inspired Version was written long before the Dead Sea Scrolls and others materials ...
Mormon3/6/2006
  Q: Why do so many Christians say that Mormons are not Christian?
  A: Michael, For most Christians it comes down to the additional scripture, the Book of Mormon, D&C and ...
I was just watching the BYU...2/26/2006
  Q: I was just watching the BYU channel and thought I saw a woman preaching from the pulpit. Is that ...
  A: Winston, Yes it is acceptable in Restoration Churches for women to preach. They do so in both the ...
eternal marrage11/15/2005
  Q: If I am sent to the middle heaven and my wife is send to the highest heaven, How are we to live live ...
  A: Jeff, The LDS answer to this would be that only those in the Celestial Kingdom have the call to ...
faith11/15/2005
  Q: If Mormons believe that the bible, "is only true as far as it is translated correctly" Then why do ...
  A: The LDS believe that the Bible is the "Word of God" as far as it is translated correctly. What is ...
A Mission11/5/2005
  Q: I am a 20 year old man with a serious problem. I have been diagnosed with a dissociative dissorder ...
  A: Adam, The answer here is: it depends on how severe your illness is. I am generally aware of the ...
Church history and the founding of the LDS10/12/2005
  Q: giving people a chance to clear up some questions. I was wondering...I believe that LDS teaching is ...
  A: Randy, I agree with you. The Church carried the message of Christ for 1700 odd years and enabled ...
Elijah6/29/2005
  Q: What theological significance does the Community of Christ place upon the appearance of Elijah to ...
  A: Kevin, It is both a part of our history and in some sense part of the heart of it as well. But ...
y5/12/2005
  Q: well i would like to know y don't have the church bulidings among the poor or ruaral areas
  A: Chiz, The simple answer is that the LDS church does have churches in these areas but unlike the ...
MEDALLION4/8/2005
  Q: OVAL SHAPED MADE OF COPPER COLOURED METAL 40MM IN LENGTH WITH REGNAREEST CVISERVIRE ON ONE SIDE AND ...
  A: you might have more success asking the catholics. The latin phrase ARCHISODALITAS SANCTISTEPHAN ...
Early Church History3/30/2005
  Q: What and who were the early "Security","Police Force" of the early Church? What were their jobs and ...
  A: Rick, The name of this group was the "Danites", please note the following information and the ...
Joseph Smith3/29/2005
  Q: My question is when Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery set each other to be Melchizedek Preisthood ...
  A: Jason, The date of the giving of the Melchisedec Priesthood (hereafter MP) is unknown but in D&C ...
easter and mormons3/19/2005
  Q: being that Easter is fast approaching I was curious as to what the Mormon belief regarding the ...
  A: Joey, Apologies for taking so long to answer. Most Mormons will not have a specifically 'easter' ...
The nature of Sin1/20/2005
  Q: I am currently working on a personal project about the nature of Sin. I am the artist and co-author ...
  A: Alyssa, This question is as individual as the latter-day saint that answers it. Most members of the ...
Mormon Sunday service12/6/2004
  Q: Can you tell me what a Mormon Sunday service consists of? Thank you! Sincerely, Francine
  A: Francine, Depends on the Sunday. Most weeks of the month, there will be a sacrament meeting of ...
Mormons12/1/2004
  Q: Why do people dislike mormons? I have always wondered that! do you think that the mormon church ...
  A: Jillian, It is a human reaction of a very old kind to divide the world into 'them' and 'us.' Thus ...
Tax to the Mormon Church11/17/2004
  Q: Is it true that all Mormons must pay a certain percentage of their earnings to the church?
  A: Avi, Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints pay 10% of their income to the ...
Homosexuality in the Community of Christ9/4/2004
  Q: McIntyre, How many actively and publicly homosexual priests have been ordained in the Community of ...
  A: This question is impossible for me to answer. The Community of Christ does not (as far as I am ...
RLDS/ LDS8/13/2004
  Q: What is RLDS? I've NEVER heard of it before? What's the difference between LDS and RLDS?
  A: Perhaps the following article will help. "...The Reorganized LDS Church by Sandra Tanner ...
Differences7/25/2004
  Q: I'm curious about the differences between LDS and Community of Christ. Thank you. Lori
  A: IMO The major difference is in the world-views. For the LDS salvation is a question of the sacrifice ...
i have a few questions...7/12/2004
  Q: If the Book of Mormon is true, why do Indians fail to turn white when they become Mormons? [2 Nephi ...
  A: Monique, I have spent considerable time considering whether or not to answer your questions. They ...
BoM7/3/2004
  Q: Why is polygamy condemned in the Book of Mormon?
  A: Lisa, I'm not at all sure that the Book of Mormon gives us a reason for the condemnation of ...
RLDS doctrine6/20/2004
  Q: Ray: Your answer to my question didn't come through. Could you send it again? Thanks. Ed ...
  A: Ed, My apologies, I'm not sure just WHAT happened. Anyway here it is. Source: ...
Denominaiton4/26/2004
  Q: What denominaiton was Jesus?
  A: The One, Interesting question. Jesus was almost certainly a Pharisee. A number of reasons obtain ...
authority4/10/2004
  Q: i have a question for you, sir. i was wondering where i can find in the doctrine and covenants or ...
  A: Steve, I don't know if I am the best person to answer this question as I am a member of the ...
Eternal Families2/19/2004
  Q: Do Rlds believe in Eternal marraiges?And,if so,how do you reconcile this with the teachings of the ...
  A: The Community of Christ (formerly known as the RLDS) does not accept the doctrine of eternal ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Ray McIntyre

Top Expert on this page