Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Romy Brown

SubjectDate Asked
contradicting revelations2/14/2009
  Q: 1. Why and how can there be so many one and true prophets? 2. How do you know if their ...
  A: Q- Why and how can there be so many one and true prophets? A- I don’t know if I quit understand ...
the love of Christ12/18/2008
  Q: I'm praying for you, Romy. Jesus loves you. I pray that you will accept and live by the truths ...
  A: We believe all the teachings of the bible, we just have a better understanding of how its suppose to ...
God10/1/2008
  Q: How do you become a God?
  A: I believe your question is a good one. I have answered that question in previous posts many times. ...
Holy Ghost9/15/2008
  Q: I read one of your responses about the Holy Ghost receiving a body at one point. I agree with you ...
  A: This is a question that is left a mystery to our church since the Church has no official teaching on ...
Book of Mormon is self-contradicting8/21/2008
  Q: Anyone - please respond to the following known contradictions within the B o M. Itself. Thanks. The ...
  A: The Book of Mormon contradicts Itself? Yea right! NOT You will find that with the proper ...
continuing our dialogue8/20/2008
  Q: you certainly could give James Michener a run for his money when it comes to being prolific! No ...
  A: Critics of the Church often claim that there have been significant doctrinal changes to the Book of ...
Planets in Heaven8/13/2008
  Q: Can you help me understand where/how LDS gets the idea of inheriting a planet to populate with a ...
  A: Our church teaches that all resurrected and perfected mortals become gods (Gen. 3:22; Matt. ...
Question8/11/2008
  Q: I have been a member of the morman church since I was born. I have allways had questions that I ...
  A: Actually, I'm one of those Mormons that doesn't believe that is actually true when you say that ...
Salvation8/5/2008
  Q: Do you believe God sent his Only Son Jesus Christ to die for your sins? If not why? It clearly ...
  A: Yes, we do believe that scripture. Jesus is God the Almighty’s only begotten son, in which he died ...
free agency7/24/2008
  Q: I have a question about our free agency I had a friend pass away a couple of years ago and every one ...
  A: I feel sorry for that fellows passing. My husbands mother past away in a car accident about 20 ...
food inventory5/18/2008
  Q: I understand that Mormons keep a year supply of food. I request a list of the recommend foods that ...
  A: First of all I would like to start by saying this. Build a small supply of food that is part of ...
Mormon questions5/1/2008
  Q: Romy, In reading a recent response you gave to a question and noticed what appear to be many ...
  A: A lack of belief in "sola scriptura" (the Bible alone as a rule and guide for the faith. “Although I ...
bible4/8/2008
  Q: I see you have taken the scriptures out of context and you have twisted the wording to make it work ...
  A: Actually we believe the scriptures literally, and we have a better understanding. We do believe ...
history3/6/2008
  Q: Have you ever heard of Solomon Spalding and his book "Fanciful Tales"? ANSWER: no I haven't, but I ...
  A: That is not a reliable source of information you gave me about the church. Here are some reliable ...
Mormons1/28/2008
  Q: Romy Brown.... We were wondering what influences had the mormon religion had on North America? we ...
  A: Well, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter-day Saints (the Mormons) our usual day ...
Mormons!1/23/2008
  Q: Romy Brown, Thank you so much! That helped alot! I was researching the Holy Days and it said that ...
  A: Yes Pioneer day we do celebrate on July 24th. That day is a Celebration of the anniversary of ...
mormons1/21/2008
  Q: I am doing a research project on mormons. I have some questions that i was hopeing you could answer ...
  A: We have 13 articles in which state our basic beliefs and if you have any questions about them please ...
unforgivable sin11/19/2007
  Q: a few days ago i started reading the bible and came up to the unforgivable sin please help me i feel ...
  A: Actually if you sin against the holy ghost knowingly its unforgiven. One may speak even against ...
God and prophets10/30/2007
  Q: I was never taught the we would or could become Gods, please explain this concept a little more ...
  A: Logically and naturally, the ultimate desire of a loving Supreme Being is to help his children enjoy ...
Murder9/24/2007
  Q: Jesus said that to hate your neighbor is to be guilty of murder. If you lust after a woman, you have ...
  A: You need to get back to me with scripture references to where it states that Jesus states that to ...
unforgivable sin9/22/2007
  Q: Is there any sin in the LDS faith that is not unforgivable after repentanace.Besides the rejection ...
  A: mosts sins are forgivable, with an exception of sins against God and those who sin against God are ...
sins that are not forgivable9/19/2007
  Q: Besides rejecting the Holy ghost is there any other unforgivable sin.Like if young lady has a ...
  A: Well, murder for one is an unforgivable sin, when it’s done with real intent to take an innocent ...
left the church9/14/2007
  Q: Allow me to clarify what I meant. We do not believe that there was one great apostasy that wiped the ...
  A: wrong. The Christian Protestant religions sectioned off the Catholic religion which departed from ...
left the mormon church9/13/2007
  Q: "When a person leaves the church they cannot easily join another church. They have been taught and ...
  A: The Bible is replete with predictions of a Great Apostasy. Earlier apostasies were shadows and types ...
God9/9/2007
  Q: Does God exist in a physical body? A body of flesh and bone? Did God start with a mortal body (like ...
  A: God has an immortal body of Flesh and bone. In the King James Version of the Bible, John 4:24 ...
Problems with LDS Doctrine9/5/2007
  Q: I have been a Christian all of my life. I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died on The Cross for ...
  A: Ephraim was the son of Joseph and Asenath and the younger brother of Manasseh (Gen. 41:50-52). ...
don't understand8/29/2007
  Q: well, we are discussing different religions in biblical studies at school and i was wondering about ...
  A: I would love to discuss my religion with you. No, we have not practiced polygamy in over 100 years, ...
caffeine8/22/2007
  Q: I'm a little confused. No tea, coffee, caffeine. Yet every function i go to everyone is drinking ...
  A: The word of wisdom does not state that we cannot drink pop drinks. Our health code forbids the use ...
remarriage to a non member8/16/2007
  Q: A couple was married and sealed in the temple. They later divorced but remain sealed. He remarries ...
  A: The Celestial Kingdom is divided into 3 sections within itself, but in order to be placed in the ...
R rated movies/caffeine/dating/homosexuality8/6/2007
  Q: i want to know the churches official stand on R rated movies, caffeine, and dating. I have heard ...
  A: The churches official stand on R rated movies - Respected Church leaders have long warned members ...
Was Mormon now Lutheran6/7/2007
  Q: If some one was baptized in the Mormon church and then later in life became baptized in the Lutheran ...
  A: If a person leaves the Mormon church and joins another church, until that person contacts the Mormon ...
Is all tea bad for the body?6/6/2007
  Q: I just read a question you answered about why Mormons do not drink tea. You said that the caffeine ...
  A: I have not heard of African red tea, but I have had herb tea. The Word of Wisdom prohibits ...
three levels of heaven??5/24/2007
  Q: How in the world do Mormons come up with the "three levels of heaven" idea? I was always taught ...
  A: Jesus said: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go ...
Drinking, Beer, Coffee, and Tea5/15/2007
  Q: Are these beverages forbidden in the Mormon church? Also what else is not allowed? I have been ...
  A: The Word of Wisdom is the title for a revelation that counsels Latter-day Saints on maintaining good ...
jesus5/13/2007
  Q: I was just wondering why the lds believe jesus was not God manifested in the flesh,but to the same ...
  A: Actually, that is not what we believe. We believe that Jesus, Heavenly Father and the Holy ...
language4/12/2007
  Q: Was the Bible originally written in Greek or Latin? Either way, since no one currently fluently ...
  A: I agree with you that the bible is not 100% accurate. There is no question that some parts of the ...
The Breaking of the Covenant3/23/2007
  Q: You said Isiah predicted in Isaiah 24:5 about how his people broke the everlasting covement.. And ...
  A: Isaiah 24:5 was only one out of dozens of examples of an apostasy that could have a cured if it ...
i have a question about ur stand about the word of god.3/23/2007
  Q: I was reading some of your answers about the fullness of the gospel. i do not agree with you when ...
  A: You stated: “if the fullness of gospels was lost why do the Mormons use the bible if it was lost?” ...
Joseph Smith Jr & Mohammed3/22/2007
  Q: I was just reading some question answers that mentioned Joseph Smith Jr & Mohammed. I understand ...
  A: Polygamy was practiced during the Old Testament time and by early Later-Day Saints (The Mormons), ...
Can all types of churches get along?3/8/2007
  Q: Hi Romy I think your religion is a great form of expressing true christianity. I am Roman Catholic ...
  A: I'm sorry but it is outside my expertise to explain your ancestry, but I would like to let you know ...
Can you shed some Light here?3/8/2007
  Q: Okay I cannot stand scienctist because of there theory on Jesus and the earth. I even cannot stand ...
  A: I am not sure exactly how old the earth is, but I believe the King James version of the bible with ...
Fullness of the Gospel1/29/2007
  Q: I have heard that Mormons believe that they are the only people who have the "fullness of the ...
  A: It is true in the sense that the early Christian church in Christ’s days and before did have the ...
birth control1/17/2007
  Q: What is the Mormon position on birth control? I know you guys are generally opposed to it, but are ...
  A: Actually you must have us mixed up with the Catholic faith. There is nothing in any of the hand ...
No Question1/6/2007
  Q: The true messages of the Lord has been influenced by the Philosophies and assumptions of man. There ...
  A: I think that you need to read the bible a little more because it clearly states that we are Gods ...
understanding the religion11/19/2006
  Q: Romy, Hello, my name is Sang Cho, I am a 16 years old. Just recently my Mormon friend Todd, turned ...
  A: It is not mandatory for teenagers and young adults of our church to date or marry outside of our ...
nature of God11/16/2006
  Q: Does the LDS church teach, as I have heard, that God -- not Jesus, but the One most of us know as ...
  A: I would like to answer your questions with anotherWas Christ once a man like us? Did Christ have a ...
Something in common?11/15/2006
  Q: Your profile states that you have been a Morman your entire life. To tell you about myself, i have ...
  A: Yes, I have been a member of the Mormon Church my whole life but that is not necessary all I’ve ...
mormanism- general10/30/2006
  Q: Just a few questions for you that I'm curious about...., Do you believe in the Christian Bible, ...
  A: You stated: “Do you believe in the Christian Bible, especially the New Testament ?” We believe the ...
?10/18/2006
  Q: Do Mormons believe in the trinity?
  A: We do not believe in the Trinity the way the traditional Christians do. The doctrine of the ...
Dinosaurs10/11/2006
  Q: When in the timeline did the dinosaurs happen. Was it Ad, Bc? How did this happen. God change his ...
  A: The dinosaur theory is non-biblical, but I will give you my belief on this subject. In the ...
Peter9/29/2006
  Q: How do you explain Peter denial of Christ? Considering that shortrly before the denial he alone ...
  A: Peter's 'denial' by disassociating himself from Christ is parallel to Oliver's disassociation from ...
Mormon9/15/2006
  Q: I have two questions 1)Where lies the evidence of existence of the Nephites and lamanites described ...
  A: 1)Where lies the evidence of existence of the Nephites and lamanites described in the Book of ...
Beliefs9/13/2006
  Q: Several questions I've heard about Mormonism, but I don't know how accurate they are. 1. Is it ...
  A: 1. Is it correct that Joseph Smith found scripture-scrolls in the USA Answer – I think you are ...
Mormans8/22/2006
  Q: What are modern day Mormans beliefs?
  A: I would like to introduce you to our 13 Articles of Faith which will give you a highlight to our ...
Spiritual Experiences8/18/2006
  Q: Please tell me on some of your spiritual experiences.
  A: Some of my experiences our too secret to me to share, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to share with you ...
WAKE UP MORMANS!8/15/2006
  Q: Why did your founder Joseph Smith have so many WOMEN if ya'll only teach ONE wife...ETERNAL ...
  A: You've got it all wrong. A man can be sealed Eternally to more than one wife. polygamy is ...
your credentials please7/29/2006
  Q: Romy, this is the second response that I have read from you where you assert your personal ...
  A: Us like other Christian sects worship God Almighty, and No, we do not worship Adam. One of the ...
mormon beliefs7/20/2006
  Q: if no church is like the first church Jesus set up why do you believe you church is the true church.
  A: My answer to this question is not to prove to you that the Mormon church is true, it is by faith, ...
A Question On Dating & Guys6/19/2006
  Q: I'll be a freshman, this coming school year and I'm a strong member of the Church. I like this ...
  A: The church may not agree with my reply on this subject, but I would say that it may be o.k. to date ...
Please comment and clarify...6/14/2006
  Q: I want you to clarify this quote, and comment on the below...thx "Expertise: I`ve been a member of ...
  A: Sorry for your dis-belief. I Can just assume that you are going by what you have heard by the ...
Oline of authority6/12/2006
  Q: How can I get a linr of authority if the person who ordained me is dead?
  A: It doesn't matter if the person who ordained you with the authority is dead or not. The authority ...
becoming God?5/23/2006
  Q: Lets pray> Father i thank you that you are fair and just. Thank you for being our strength & love. I ...
  A: I Will be glad to answer these questions “Do you think you can become GOD? “ Read Genesis chapter ...
Could there loads of mediums ( churches ) to get to people...5/8/2006
  Q: I too have had extreme life changes since descovering Jesus. I was saved aprox 5 years ago. My life ...
  A: Have you ever seen the movie Mormons and Mobsters? Well, that movie is pro-Mormon, and in that movie ...
DNA and the Book of Mormon4/1/2006
  Q: Why not lead with the knockout punch? I'm not doubting your knowledge, Romy, but your delivery is ...
  A: I will be happy to review your data. I just try to make everything simple and understandable for ...
Spelling3/29/2006
  Q: Have you noticed the spelling of "morman" on your allexpert page? Just thought you might want to ...
  A: I am so sorry for the incorrect spelling of Mormon, I was just speed typing at that time. You are ...
baptizing the dead12/28/2005
  Q: friend: i have run into the teaching of "baptizing the dead" could you please help me to understand ...
  A: I would be glad to help you understand Baptism's for the dead. It is the proxy performance of the ...
Heathens12/21/2005
  Q: Because the Mormon church is only true church, does that mean the I am going to hell?
  A: No, not necessarily We believe in doing work for the dead who have gone on so that many of them ...
book of abraham12/11/2005
  Q: Mr. Brown I was formerly a very active mormon and return missionary. With plans on getting married ...
  A: First of all I would like to let you know that I am a MRS. BROWN and what I have researched on that ...
whats up with this verse11/17/2005
  Q: Hell-o my name is jim and I am confused why the mormans dont seam to understand Galatians 1:8. When ...
  A: I believe you have two passages in mind: Gal. 1:8 "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach ...
doctrine11/15/2005
  Q: If Moroni was ounce a man, how is it that he can become an Angel? and If Spirits must live ...
  A: “If Moroni was ounce a man, how is it that he can become an Angel?” The question is obvious that ...
book of mormon authorship11/5/2005
  Q: could you tell me who wrote the book of mormon? was it completely written by joseph smith, or were ...
  A: The Book of Mormon was written by ancient prophets, just as the Bible was written by prophets and ...
Christ11/5/2005
  Q: What are Latter-day Saints ? give me thier believe and what is the nature of Christ ? What was God ...
  A: “What are Latter-day Saints ?” When Jesus Christ lived on the earth, He organized His Church so ...
Dear Person of Faith,11/4/2005
  Q: What does your Faith believe happens after death? What does it take to achieve the rewards from God? ...
  A: “What does your Faith believe happens after death? What does it take to achieve the rewards from ...
Female Masturbation10/18/2005
  Q: I would appreciate any information regarding the church position on this topic, especially if any ...
  A: It's wrong. Stay away from it. It is sexual activity outside of marriage. And quite unlike ...
timeline of Christianity9/21/2005
  Q: Here's the question. Well there are two really. Does the LDS faith contend that Eternal God works ...
  A: Lets get to the beginning of things. Many Christians have said that Christ say that he would be ...
wives9/15/2005
  Q: why are men allowed to have multiple wives?
  A: Polygamy is a principal of God when he commands it. Paul said, “To the pure all things are ...
Dont understand.....9/15/2005
  Q: Just have a few questions... Unless I have misunderstood something are you saying that some people ...
  A: Sometimes the individual will ask, "Do I have to be a Mormon to go to heaven?" One person asked ...
Questions8/17/2005
  Q: Please comment on what my Baptist pastor says below about the Mormon Church. 1) Mormons don't ...
  A: Q. 1) Mormons don't believe in the same Jesus Christ. They don't accept Jesus as Christians do ...
The Mormon church5/29/2005
  Q: Romy, please tell us where the source of your answer to the question Topic quoted as Mormon Doctrine ...
  A: Salvation – 2 Nephi 25:23 - For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also ...
QA5/26/2005
  Q: you answered the question ( can humans become God) incorrectly. Your answer was YES. The correct ...
  A: I'm sorry to here that you believe that I'm incorrect but I'm not; I've never read any place in ...
universe5/3/2005
  Q: How does the Mormon Church reconcile their view of an infinite universe with all the scientific ...
  A: We do believe that God created the heavens and the earth like stated in Genesis 1:1 IN the beginning ...
baptizing/marriage4/26/2005
  Q: If one was baptized into another religon outside of mormonism and they converted and were baptized ...
  A: Q. If one was baptized into another religion outside of Mormonism and they converted and were ...
Goddess3/27/2005
  Q: Roomy Brown, Thank you for making this available. My question is concerning a disturbing ...
  A: We infer from authoritative sources of scripture and modern prophecy that there is a Heavenly Mother ...
FOLLOW UP TO ANSWER2/18/2005
  Q: Mr. Brown... I am not sure if you remember my life situation. I wrote you an ...
  A: I don't agree with anyone who pressures a person to get back with someone who is abbussive. I don't ...
Im not mormon....dated mormon..relationship ended2/17/2005
  Q: Sir... I am really not sure if this is as much a question...I just want to know ...
  A: My personal feel is that I am glad that the girl that you were dating left her husband in that ...
Some questions I have2/12/2005
  Q: Hi my name is Nash, and I am currently a religous studies major. I have tried very hard to study ...
  A: 1. We refered to it as the Celestial Kinddom. Our Church teaches of three degrees of glory in the ...
bible2/6/2005
  Q: I'm a convert to the church. I grew up using the RSV and have been using the NRSV for the last 10 ...
  A: I am aware that there have been many different translations of the Bible from the times that the ...
The NT makes it seem like...12/19/2004
  Q: The NT makes it seem like Christ advocated renunciation of both family and worldly goods (see the ...
  A: I don't understand exactly what you are trying to get accross. I've looked at your scriptures and ...
Homosexuality12/19/2004
  Q: I am a practicing Catholic and have for the most part been loyal and obedient to my church. I feel, ...
  A: In our church homosexuality is a sin. Homosexuals may attend our church, but to make it simple and ...
God12/15/2004
  Q: What is your image of God?
  A: We believe that we are created in Gods images, so naturally he looks like one of us. (Old Testament ...
mormon religion12/11/2004
  Q: Could you explain to me how your beliefs differ from the catholic and protestant churches? Do you ...
  A: O. K. I will be glad to share will you my belief's as a Mormon. WE believe in God, the Eternal ...
Mormon Sunday service12/6/2004
  Q: Can you tell me what a typical Mormon Sunday service consists of? Thank you!
  A: Our Sunday services our Three Hours long but they don't consist of just one meeting and listening to ...
Private earnings11/17/2004
  Q: Is it true that all Mormons must pay a certain percentage of their earnings to the church?
  A: Yes, and that 10% of our salery is called tithing. We are not forced to pay our tithing, but we ...
why?10/27/2004
  Q: Did the mormon bible really come about from a man looking into a hat at stones? Isn't pride one ...
  A: Did the Mormon bible really come about from a man looking into a hat at? Stones? First of all let ...
mormonism10/23/2004
  Q: what exactly does the mormon church teach on salvation and the Godhead.
  A: Our third Article of faith says that "We believe that through the Attonement of Christ, all mankind ...
Becoming Mormon10/20/2004
  Q: What is allow for a mormont to : - Do on Sunday - Participate in competition sports - To practice ...
  A: We are suppose to keep the sabbath day holy so in otherwords we aren't really suppose to deal with ...
One God or many?10/3/2004
  Q: How do you justify the Mormon teaching that there are many Gods in existence with the biblical ...
  A: We believe that there is indeed one God as well as many it just all depends on your view point and I ...
DNA8/29/2004
  Q: Why is there NO DNA evidence that Native Americans are of Hebrew origin. All evidence says they ...
  A: Yes The Book of Mormon has been bashed on heavely from lack of DNA evidence that is said to ...
Patriarchal blessing8/20/2004
  Q: can a member who has been inactive for a long time recieve a patriarchal blessing? Or are there ...
  A: Before receiving your Patriachal Blessing one must have an interview with the Bishop to determine ...
mormon beliefs8/16/2004
  Q: would you consider mormonism and true biblical Christianity to be one in the same? why or why not?
  A: We like to refer to ourselve's as Mormon's True Biblical Christian's, but not Protistant since we ...
Aaronic Priesthood8/2/2004
  Q: I am a member of the church also and was recently involved in some discussion on Christ and the ...
  A: The Aaronic Priesthood which is also known as the Priesthood of Aaron or the Levitical Priesthood ...
Dating & marriage7/25/2004
  Q: What is the Mormon opinion of dating non-Mormons? How can a Mormon marry a non-Mormon and still go ...
  A: 1. What is the Mormon opinion of dating non-Mormons? Our churches opinion on the subject is that ...
Ice cream7/14/2004
  Q: I have enjoyed reading some of your responses and am curious about your answer regarding drinking ...
  A: Ice Cream has nutriteous products in it such as milk mainly for its calcium. And if you don't like ...
Mormon Teens7/6/2004
  Q: My cousin is coming down from Utah and we are goin to go out one night. What is against the Mormon ...
  A: There is nothing wrong with going to a teenage dance, infact there are youth dances in our church. ...
Mormonism6/30/2004
  Q: I noticed that the category of Mormonism was found under the subdivision of Christianity in this ...
  A: Yes, Latter-day Saints are indeed Christians. "Jesus Christ is the central figure in the doctrine of ...
Why??6/12/2004
  Q: I am curious about your religion in a number of ways,maybe you can help me with a few answers,please ...
  A: “(1)why does your religion believe that a man called Joseph Smith,in 1863,recieved a revelation from ...
Morman6/9/2004
  Q: I have a few questions to ask you. 1.Do Mormans believe that human can become God? 2.If they do, ...
  A: 1.Do Mormons believe that human can become God? Yes we do, but only those who receive the highest ...
Why is the morman church the...5/31/2004
  Q: Why is the morman church the only true church? If you are willing, please describe the personal and ...
  A: Part of the answer to your question lies in Ephesians 4:11-15 where it states in other words that ...
Col4/16/2004
  Q: What is the "circumcision of Christ" referred to in Colossians 2:11-12? Paul says "in him you were ...
  A: Colossians 2:11-12 - 11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in ...
The book of Revelations4/8/2004
  Q: I have a Mormon friend with who I debate with but he never listens, only tries to tell his idea. ...
  A: We believe that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are ONE god in a Unity of Purpose and NOT a Unity ...
revivals3/22/2004
  Q: Why is there no evidence of religious revivals in the 1820's mentioned by Joesph Smith? You would ...
  A: There is evidence that Joseph Smith restored the church, its just a matter of knowing where to ...
mormon 13/4/2004
  Q: the Gods called the council of the Gods;and then came together and concocted a plan to creat the ...
  A: The people who were involved in the creations were God the Father who is Eloihem, his only begotten ...
Jesus3/4/2004
  Q: was Jesus and Satan once angels? could you please reference answer with scripture. Book of Mormon ...
  A: I guess you can say that Jesus was or is an angle even though he is one of the three members of the ...
mormon3/3/2004
  Q: Mormonism teaches that there is more then 1 god ,but the bible teaches thet there is only one god ...
  A: There are scriptures in the Bible, The Book of Mormon and The Doctrine and Covenants that do ...
Galatians 1:4-102/18/2004
  Q: could you oplease explain these verses to me!
  A: (New Testament | Galatians 1:4 - 10) - 4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us ...
why is tea bad for you1/3/2004
  Q: what is in tea, that makes it so bad, that members can't drink it?
  A: The reason for our church being against the drinking of Tea is simply because it's not good for our ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Romy Brown

Top Expert on this page