Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert David Gross

SubjectDate Asked
Afterlife5/11/2016
  Q: What is the view of Mormonism on Non christian in the afterlife? What will happen to family members ...
  A: 1. All people who do not have the opportunity to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ during mortality ...
BOM commentary12/27/2012
  Q: im mormon from bangalore. do you have brant gardner or reynolds commentary book in pdf format?. here ...
  A: I do not have any commentary in pdf but I do have some other resources that may be helpful. Deseret ...
inspiration of the Book of Mormon etc12/14/2012
  Q: Read an answer dated 08/31/2010 by a Brother Smith for the Latter-Day Saints which was not logical ...
  A: We need the Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and the Books of the Pearl of Great Price ...
question9/1/2010
  Q: do you accept ATHEIST as a visitor??because i am an atheist and my Mormon friend invites me to ...
  A: Sorry for the delay in my reply. Sometimes I don't check my e-mail often enough. I think that you ...
end times8/19/2010
  Q: Can you tell me what the LDS church teaches about end time events and the second coming? I am also ...
  A: That is a very broad question so I will give a general answer to start. We believe that the book of ...
end times5/10/2010
  Q: What do Mormons believe about the end times and how the world will end?
  A: That is a very broad question so I will give a general answer. We believe that the book of ...
adultery3/20/2010
  Q: My husband left me for a woman he met online. Until she met him she was a very active member of the ...
  A: I don't think that it would be useful to call her Bishop. What would you hope to accomplish? You ...
adultery3/17/2010
  A: I would not act on hearsay. I don't think that it matters whether or not your husband is married. ...
Primary9/22/2009
  Q: We now have a secretary in our Primary and I am hoping to research her role. What I know so far is ...
  A: The secretary can be assigned to help with any project, sort of as a "3rd counselor." I know that ...
history7/12/2009
  Q: how are you David, as we know the bible have gone through over 1500 yr , God choose 40 ...
  A: I am not sure if I understand your question. I think you are asking whether there are any records ...
affair6/11/2009
  Q: Two good people did something very wrong. They feel deep regret, guilt and shame. They have been ...
  A: Yes, there is a way to work with the Church and EVENTUALLY become sealed to each other. No, there ...
Evil or angel ???6/6/2009
  Q: How are you David, The bible say Satan will pretend angel deceive the elect (matt 24;24)(2 ...
  A: I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints because I read the Book of Mormon, prayed ...
Turning white5/3/2009
  Q: David, If the Book of Mormon is true, why do Indians fail to turn white when they become Mormons?
  A: White has many definitions. One refers to the color another (dictionary.com) refers to morally ...
fig leaf aprons5/1/2009
  Q: David If God rejected the fig leaf aprons which Adam and Eve made (Gen. 3:21) then why do Mormons ...
  A: I don't consider Gen. 3:21 a rejection of the fig leaf aprons. I think that they needed better or ...
lds doctrine3/11/2009
  Q: I would like to know about lds doctrine concerning women going to the temple. I understand that ...
  A: Women typically attend the temple for the first time when they are preparing to serve a mission ...
Trouble9/10/2008
  Q: I have a problem defining trouble. How do I know if someone give me a hard time? What factors ...
  A: I think that most people can tell the difference between good and bad or at least what good and ...
Death8/28/2008
  Q: How do you you overcome the fear of death completely?
  A: I think that some people cannot overcome the fear of death without counseling or religious faith. ...
Throne and Lamb8/21/2008
  Q: according to Mormons Who is sit on the Throne in Revelation 4:10 and who is the lamb in Revelation ...
  A: First, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, does not have official commentary on most of ...
dating3/27/2008
  Q: if an elderly man dates an elderly woman are there any restrictions on dating? we are both past ...
  A: The LDS Church has no official position on dating for mature adults. There are many general ...
The Ascension12/18/2007
  Q: as I was thumbing through my Book of Mormon reading what Jesus allegedly did while here on earth, ...
  A: I hope that this answers your question. 3rd Nephi, 28:12 reads as follows: And it came to pass ...
Mormons12/13/2007
  Q: Do Mormons belive in the whole Bible? According to Mormon beliefs, who wrote the Bible? According to ...
  A: 1. Yes, we believe in the whole bible. Quoted from Article of Faith number 8 "We believe the ...
multicultural studies12/5/2007
  Q: what are the main feast days and celebrations of Mormons?
  A: We prefer using the name Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Mormon because Mormon ...
God11/13/2007
  Q: Do Mormons believe that God was always God or that he became God through his own effort?
  A: The answer to your question partly depends on your definition of "God." It is also very complicated ...
prophet10/18/2007
  Q: Is it true you latter-day saints think that there is a Jesus walking the earth, and that they are ...
  A: Your subject line says prophet but your question is about Jesus. We believe that Jesus has ...
God9/9/2007
  Q: Does God exist in a physical body? A body of flesh and bone? Did God start with a mortal body (like ...
  A: Yes, yes and yes. We believe that all people including God and Jesus Christ have a physical body. ...
ARE MORMANS AND LDS THE SAME?8/26/2007
  Q: ARE MORMANS AND LDS THE SAMR?
  A: I assume that you mean Mormon not Morman. Yes, they are the same. The nickname Mormon comes from ...
LDS vs Mormon7/27/2007
  Q: I would like to know exactly what the difference is between LDS and Mormon? The temples I see ...
  A: They are two different nicknames for the same organization. The following is a link that explains ...
Atonement7/26/2007
  Q: Could you please explain the atonement to me? Thank you, Kelly
  A: I will first give you a brief explanation and then a dictionary definition with scripture ...
Christian7/5/2007
  Q: Do you believe that Jesus was GOD as the Bible teaches? I thought that Mormonism teaches that Jesus ...
  A: I believe that the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus was the Son of God. Acts 7 55-56 reads: 55 ...
LDS rules of conduct.6/17/2007
  Q: Is it true that members of LDS are discouraged from consuming hot drinks?
  A: Yes, but the real question is, what are hot drinks? Doctrine and Covenants (a book of modern ...
Things you cannot do on Sundays6/12/2007
  Q: I am not Mormon but my brother-in-law and his family are. (They live in another city.) I've invited ...
  A: Each member of the church is allowed to decide for themselves and their families what is an ...
mixed marriges5/22/2007
  Q: I was wondering-- My whole family (including me) is Byzantine Catholic, and I have been dating a ...
  A: The simple answer is no. That said, however, I would like to explain the most basic reason why ...
language4/12/2007
  Q: Was the Bible originally written in Greek or Latin? Either way, since no one currently fluently ...
  A: The "Old" Testament was written in Hebrew. The "New" Testament was written in either Aramaic ...
love12/15/2006
  Q: I've been asking, what is the concept of love to which Jesus spoke about? He talked about love of ...
  A: I am not sure if my answer will be of any help but here are some thoughts that I have had ...
God's Beginning11/15/2006
  Q: I attempted watching the Anti-Mormon movie, "God Maker" and was curious about their interpretation ...
  A: I will answer the easy question first. Elohim is one of names that Jews use for God. ...
can you help me to locate information about my mother10/28/2006
  Q: I know your church assists people in geneology and saw your name on your LDS web site ,I need your ...
  A: I am going to forward your e-mail to a friend that specializes in Jewish Genealogy. I will send you ...
past girlfriend9/28/2006
  Q: I am 61 years old and not a lds member but a past girlfriend of mine who I dated for 5 years from ...
  A: Civil divorce does not automatically cancel a temple sealing (eternal marriage). There is no ...
Looking for advice more than anything9/13/2006
  Q: first off let me thank you for taking the time to review my question. I have a close friend who ...
  A: First, Your friend does not qualify as a lost cause. I would keep trying to help. This is an ...
Honesty9/9/2006
  Q: My wife and I are having a discussion about the Latter Day Saints. We are not Latter Day Saints and ...
  A: Faithful Latter Day Saints would not tell lies. One of the questions that we are periodically ...
Who wrote the9/1/2006
  Q: I am LDS. But, have come up with a question that I don't know the answer to. I know that the ...
  A: The following is an article that explains the "official" answer to your question. Bruce T. ...
forgiving/exepting8/4/2006
  Q: should i stop seeing somone because evryone else says i should? he is a less active member of the ...
  A: I will give you a general answer, then if you want a more thoughtful answer please answer the ...
Study Guide6/2/2006
  Q: What Book of Mormon study guide would you suggest for an adult class basically unfamiliar with the ...
  A: I have 2 suggestions. The first is a 3 volume set called "Your Study of the Book of Mormon Made ...
parnormal5/18/2006
  Q: Do Mormon's believe in the paranormal, as in spirts, ghost.. thing to that nature, iam a mormon but ...
  A: Yes, but not in usual worldly sense or Hollywood depiction. Each of us has a spirit that continues ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

David Gross

Top Expert on this page