Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Hannah

SubjectDate Asked
General12/9/2012
  Q: I am a Christian recently baptised even though I am getting on in years I only found the Lord three ...
  A: They will just talk about our gospel. However, recently, the Church has abandoned formal "lesson ...
man to god8/13/2012
  Q: I understand that Mormonism teaches that men can become gods and that God was once a man like we ...
  A: This is a good question, and one to which we do not have an answer. We know that the first children ...
Missionary pen pal7/11/2012
  Q: my name is Anna. I would like a missionary pen pal to write to( preferably a sister) I know how ...
  A: That is a great question. I think the best places to find those are as follows: 1) If you are a ...
Person of Christ9/21/2011
  Q: Is Jesus the eternal God from "Everlasting to Everlasting", or after he was born did He become God? ...
  A: I wish I could give you a straight yes or no. Unfortunately, I can't because you're missing a ...
infallability4/20/2011
  Q: Does the Mormon Church claim infallability?
  A: This is an odd question where the answer is "define this term" and "define that term." Mostly ...
The Book of Mormon & other writings inspired?2/14/2011
  Q: Hanna, I ask this question of another "expert" his reply:"I am sorry, I can't help that." What kind ...
  A: In the future, it would be better to phrase questions in a way that does not inherently offend the ...
about religion1/3/2011
  Q: I used to wonder about God, so I studied the bible and wondered who wrote it..because some of the ...
  A: These are some of the reasons that further translations of the Bible are necessary. In the LDS ...
LDS Belief8/25/2010
  Q: What does the LDS church teach about how the world will end? Mormon.org and LDS.org have no answer.
  A: This is a good question, and perhaps the reason you can't find an answer is because the answer is ...
Primary9/22/2009
  Q: We now have a secretary in our Primary and I am hoping to research her role. What I know so far is ...
  A: I'm sorry that my answer won't be a ton of help, as I've never worked in the Primary much. However, ...
Did Joseph Smith test the spirit ??5/25/2009
  Q: how are you sister Hannah , thank for your time sister ,my question is "did Joseph Smith test ...
  A: That is surely a lost trait in many people's religious studies today. In response to your question, ...
Converting to LDS4/9/2009
  Q: What does it mean "to convert" somebody? I do not have a religion, can I still be converted? What ...
  A: To convert someone means to bring someone into a religion. Even those who do not "have" a religion ...
womens equality4/3/2009
  Q: i am wondering how the Modern LDS church feels about the roles that women play both in regards to ...
  A: The LDS Church believes (and has ALWAYS believed) that women are separate but equal. Just as we ...
Excommunication2/24/2009
  Q: My wife and I were both baptised as young people (8) years old, but have been inactive since. Last ...
  A: Definitely don't respond to it. It is most likely not even a church member. Fast offerings are ...
Convert dating non-member.1/13/2009
  Q: I was baptised in August 2008. I had been with my boyfriend for 2 years and he wasn't happy about me ...
  A: I do not know the church's exact stance on this. However, I can see it being a possibility. ...
temple sealings11/28/2008
  Q: Ok, well i guess my question is pretty straight forward. I am planning on marrying in august and we ...
  A: I don't know whether or not this is true, but my inclination would be that it's not true. First of ...
youth s big question11/26/2008
  Q: my name is Portia(age.16) and im also a member of the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS ...
  A: We prefer being called Latter-day Saints because "Mormon" gives the impression that we worship ...
modesty in the LDS church11/24/2008
  Q: what are the guidlines of the church of Jesus christ of latter day saints regarding bathingsuits? do ...
  A: There isn't exactly an "answer" per se, to this question. However, some facts: *At LDS Young ...
Is an LDS man "allowed" to marry a woman with children?10/7/2008
  Q: I was born and raised catholic. I was married outside of the catholic church and have since had 3 ...
  A: A man is perfectly free to marry a woman with another man's children. The church has absolutely no ...
Mormons9/8/2008
  Q: Honestly i Dont really quite understand what a mormon is can you clarify it for me please? Are ...
  A: Sure. Mormons are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We are indeed a ...
ultimate goal of Christianity9/6/2008
  Q: The ultimate goal of Christianity is to go to heaven. How about if you do not want to go to heaven, ...
  A: If you don't want the blessings, then there's really nothing that anyone can do to make you have ...
God command of killing8/25/2008
  Q: An Atheist asked me if your God Jesus is love and love us then why He command Saul to killed every ...
  A: We asked this same question to our seminary teacher, and this was his response: God is love, and ...
Killing8/23/2008
  Q: What does God says about killing? If someone is pure evil, what do you do to deal with them? Also, ...
  A: Killing is one of the most severe sins there are. If there is one thing God couldn't care more ...
feast day and dates, food choices of mormons8/16/2008
  Q: i just want to ask what are the feast day and their date of mormons? do you have food restrictions? ...
  A: Feast days? We don't really have them. Religious holidays we have are: Christmas (December 25), ...
Being non-mormon and dating a mormon8/12/2008
  Q: Heyya! Right so This girl I like is mormon and I already know she likes me as well. I've gone to a ...
  A: There's not an answer. I would say, if you like her: wait. If you don't: don't wait. You won't ...
divorce7/3/2008
  Q: How does the religion feel about divorce.ob
  A: That's a tricky question. Divorce is okay in Mormon religion and society. There's even such a ...
Modesty6/13/2008
  Q: I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints as well, so I'm aware of what's ...
  A: The Strength of Youth pamphlet outlines that sagging, extreme tight and really extreme anything is ...
LDS dating5/6/2008
  Q: My name is Kyndra, I am a 17 year old girl about to turn 18 and my Boyfriend and I are haveing ...
  A: I guess my answer would be, "No." I don't know the whole circumstances, but there isn't an exact ...
underage dating4/22/2008
  Q: So, I'm having a rough time following this rule in general. I'm always trying to make excuses for my ...
  A: Hey there! I think that you should think about what you want from this. Why are you dating him? ...
intimacy3/27/2008
  Q: According to Mormon belief, is intimacy allowed between an elderly man and woman ? if not are there ...
  A: Intimacy in the Mormon church serves two purposes. One, to bear children, and two to create a ...
On being excommunicated.3/22/2008
  Q: I'm researching Mormonism for a school project and someone told me that the one of the reasons one ...
  A: There isn't exactly a "list" of things that will get you excommunicated. Excommunication is a ...
Question about Kolob12/30/2007
  Q: I have a friend who is studying with some Mormon missionaries and they have never Kolob to her. ...
  A: They're brought out into the open when you're ready for them. There is some level of in the temple, ...
Mormons12/13/2007
  Q: Do Mormons belive in the whole Bible? According to Mormon beliefs, who wrote the Bible? According to ...
  A: Good questions "Do Mormons believe in the whole Bible?" Yes. And then some. There are some ...
Book of Mormon11/27/2007
  Q: As you can deducte from my e-mail I am also a LDS guy. I am writing from Colombia. I have a doubt. ...
  A: Well, that's a good question, and a commonly asked one. There are actually some historians who have ...
mormon10/22/2007
  Q: i am doing a test on religon and food and need to no some feast days and the food ov choicefor ...
  A: Well, Mormons don't really have feast days that aren't the usual Christian ones. Like Easter and ...
Planets?10/16/2007
  Q: I mean no disrespect to you or any one .Where on Gods green earth did you guys come up with this ...
  A: I'm sorry, I was assuming people knew things about the LDS religion that are not common knowledge. ...
Doctrine/Covenant10/8/2007
  Q: Do Mormans believe they can "earn" their own planets
  A: Well, it sounds pretty funny when you put it that way, but essentially, yes. We believe that, if ...
Truth9/28/2007
  Q: How do you determine truth? Is there absolute truth? What is it that makes that determination? ...
  A: Truth is revealed by the Holy Ghost to us through nonverbal and non-proof means. This is not to say ...
missionary work9/22/2007
  Q: Does every 19 year old male in the faith have to do 2yrs missionary work.
  A: No. It's kind of expected (by the cultural surroundings--come on, every religion has a culture ...
Sealing9/22/2007
  Q: Were does temple sealing come from.If you are not sealed will that exclude you from the kingdom of ...
  A: I'm not quite sure what you mean by "where." The temple sealings come from God. He ordains them ...
are you busy?9/20/2007
  Q: I have awaited a response and after talking to some folks locally they suggested maybe it is the ...
  A: Absolutely not. It's a glitch. I had responded to you, but something happened that messed it up, ...
the first one9/13/2007
  Q: Hannah, you said that you can understand numbers, what if God was like a number in his existence yet ...
  A: No. I'm not offended. I feel that the "In the beginning..." doesn't keep me from believe in ...
scriptures9/12/2007
  Q: You wrote: Mormon: One of my favorite scriptures (next to Jeremiah 1:6 and a couple of others…) ...
  A: I agree that there can only be one truth. I'm glad that you're considering other options. I happen ...
God9/9/2007
  Q: Does God exist in a physical body? A body of flesh and bone? Did God start with a mortal body (like ...
  A: This question is extremely LDS doctrinal, and a lot of Protestants get very defensive after hearing ...
Mormanism9/8/2007
  Q: #1. I was just wondering if Mormons believe in the holy trinity? You see i am dating this guy i ...
  A: So, here’s a really sad story. I wrote a big huge long reply for you, and then instead of enter, ...
unsure8/28/2007
  Q: is it true that you believe that when you die you become your own god of another universe ? and if ...
  A: Maybe and sort of. We believe that we CAN become a god of another universe. It is called ...
LDS friendship conflict of interest8/9/2007
  Q: I (Doug, 33) have been struggling with same sex attraction all my life and have been looking for ...
  A: I don't pretend to have a bunch of experience in this, as I'm a straight female, but it just so ...
Mormon Dating7/11/2007
  Q: I like a Mormon girl who is 15. We've been friends for a year, and I don't want to jeapordize our ...
  A: Sorry for the late response. I think that if I were a male in this situation, I would wait until ...
mormon dating4/28/2007
  Q: Hey, Im sure you get alot of questions about this, sorry to bug you. But, I'm 16 and im a buhdist, ...
  A: On the contrary. This subject is so vast that there are so many different things to be asked. Well, ...
language4/12/2007
  Q: Was the Bible originally written in Greek or Latin? Either way, since no one currently fluently ...
  A: Depending on which book in the Bible, the Bible was originally written in Latin, Greek, Hebrew or ...
Does God forgive this?3/11/2007
  Q: I love Jesus and the father plus the Holy Ghost very much. My question to you is I had a rough teen ...
  A: I'm not God, and therefore I cannot judge. I don't think that you've done anything that is a ...
The world's races3/11/2007
  Q: You stated :Native American races, at least some of them, are the remnants of the people of the Book ...
  A: Interesting questions. It is possible that the Puerto Ricans are remnants of the people of the Book ...
Morman2/1/2007
  Q: I have a friend who is a Morman. He is very shy and I have only known him for a while but he did ...
  A: Hey! Yes and no Mormons can't date until they're sixteen. It's VERY strongly discouraged for a ...
salvation1/29/2007
  Q: I was reading your response explaining salvation and stopped when I read that you said that there ...
  A: Heaven is heaven. There won't be war in sadness in the after life, because the righteous will be in ...
birth control1/17/2007
  Q: What is the Mormon position on birth control? I know you guys are generally opposed to it, but are ...
  A: Since I'm not a spokesperson for the church, I'll use the Church's official standpoint on it, in the ...
Hell12/11/2006
  Q: Well, what exactly do you have to "believe" about Jesus to be saved?But what if the person didn't ...
  A: Nothin'. Being saved is a free gift--the after life according to the LDS religion is a complex ...
Marriage11/14/2006
  Q: Can a Mormon marry a Catholic?
  A: The short answer: Sure they can. So long as the Catholic Church is all right with it. I don't know ...
Blessing9/4/2006
  Q: I married a non practicing Morman. Two months ago we had our first child. Now the family wants to ...
  A: All right, here's how it goes. If your grandparents are on a senior couple's mission, there is a ...
fornication today9/3/2006
  Q: According to your knowledge and beliefs what is your stance about fornication today? Do you still ...
  A: Fornication is just as much a sin today as it was yesterday. The Lord is unchanging. I don't see ...
Switang8/18/2006
  Q: I could think of a good subject, so Switang! What is your relationship to Joseph Smith Jr.? What ...
  A: Well, you're not being serious, you're just asking away. But anyways: I'm not related to Joseph ...
The world’s races7/8/2006
  Q: If we all have a common ancestory, does the Church have an explaination for the origin of the ...
  A: A very good question. I do not know if the Church has an official statement on this, but I can ...
Resurrection6/18/2006
  Q: Do you believe even people such as Hitler and Stalin will be resurrected? Do LDS believe that ...
  A: It's a good question. All right, I have a disclaimer and an answer. The disclaimer is that I'm not ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Hannah

Top Expert on this page