Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Cindy Beggs

SubjectDate Asked
Adultery10/31/2009
  Q: my name is Beatriz and I'm a 25 year old female from California. I personally am not a Mormon but I ...
  A: First of all, I am so sorry for the loss of your children. Please do not lose hope that there is ...
LDS Church History7/22/2009
  Q: What were the beliefs of Joseph Smith Jr. when he founded the church.
  A: When it was organized in 1830, the Church of Christ was a missionary church. The church in the mid ...
Why do some Christians accuse LDS of being polytheistic?12/7/2008
  Q: LDS say that they believe the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three different persons, but one in ...
  A: It is my belief that those in the Christian church sometimes point the finger when it is pointing ...
question2/27/2008
  Q: How dop i become a member?
  A: I strongly suggest you research any church you are thinking about joining. Personally, I went to the ...
an abbreviation1/7/2008
  Q: I came across something with the abbreviation of HC on the LDS website, and found out that it refers ...
  A: The book with 7 volumes, The History of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was first ...
Temple visits and polytheism1/1/2008
  Q: Why are the temple's activities kept so secret and how do we know what goes on inside? This is ...
  A: Great question Hannah. I believe that the LDS membership teaches henotheism. Joseph Smith wrote, ...
Open discussion in church...heaven forbid!12/23/2007
  Q: I am a 4th generation mormon. Both sets of great grandparents were polygamists. It seems to me ...
  A: My Master's thesis consists of scholarly works regarding the LDS Church and their ideas towards free ...
church history11/24/2007
  Q: for your question. Kolob is a star or a planet. It is described in the Book of Abraham (located in ...
  A: I am not an LDS member. You asked about Kolob and I answered your question. As a historian, I only ...
Kolab10/24/2007
  Q: I've heard that in the Mormon Church there is a belief that God was originally a Mormon on the ...
  A: for your question. Kolob is a star or a planet. It is described in the Book of Abraham (located in ...
God9/9/2007
  Q: Does God exist in a physical body? A body of flesh and bone? Did God start with a mortal body (like ...
  A: I will answer your question using LDS references. According to the Gospel Doctrine, page 64, "God ...
rituals8/14/2007
  Q: Did you have to pledge, promise, swear to do the things that are mentioned in the book "Mountain ...
  A: for your question. Have the leaders mellowed over the years? I believe that there is a desire ...
teen dating in the lds8/10/2007
  Q: whats the deal with mormans and dating? i know you have to be at least 16, but are there ...
  A: The LDS Church has many ideas about what they consider to be proper behavior when two young people ...
dear mormans7/20/2007
  Q: do u believe in hell, and what is your religion based on?
  A: The Mormons believe that there are three Heavens and they are: the Celestial Kingdom, the ...
Masonic Rituals and Mormonism6/13/2007
  Q: I recently asked another professional or posted this for people to respond to it and see their ...
  A: First, I do not believe that the LDS Church was founded upon Masonic principles. Joseph Smith did ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Cindy Beggs

Top Expert on this page