Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Gene Black

SubjectDate Asked
Fatalism6/20/2016
  Q: Does Mormonism believe in Fatalism? Has God already determine when we die and how we die? Thank you
  A: Fatalism as you describe it is essentially predestination - or that everything has been decided ...
Hell and afterlife5/30/2016
  Q: What is mormonism view on non christian in the afterlife? Do they believe that they will go to hell? ...
  A: John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the ...
Doctrinal Questions10/1/2015
  Q: I have a couple of questions. 1) How does the LDS church view and reconcile scientific things ...
  A: In regards to #1, It's probably less a question about the "church view" and more about the ...
baptism after affair4/12/2015
  Q: My husband cheated on me with a mormon woman and got her pregnant. We divorced. He went on and had ...
  A: True repentance is about a change of heart. There are no words or acts that in and of themselves ...
Hell11/4/2014
  Q: What is Mormonism view on Hell? Do they believe that Non Christian will go to hell? Will there be ...
  A: We do believe there is a Hell (sometimes referred to as "Outer Darkness"). A good summary of our ...
god of flesh and bones11/8/2012
  Q: if the reason why the mormon god became god and has a body of flesh and bones because he was once ...
  A: I think the problem here is with the word "God". It can mean a lot of different things to different ...
jesus2/10/2011
  Q: If jesus came to the new world why are there no ancient depictions of him?
  A: Questions of that nature could be asked about many of the events in the Book of Mormon - or from ...
polytheism1/30/2011
  Q: Is the god head polytheistic? Would it be safe to say that the three beings are different god and ...
  A: The godhead is composed of three individuals, God the Father, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy ...
about religion1/3/2011
  Q: I used to wonder about God, so I studied the bible and wondered who wrote it..because some of the ...
  A: Understanding the Bible's history is an important step to understanding the Bible. The Bible is a ...
Chastity9/17/2010
  Q: We have been having the elders over most every night to talk and read from the book of Mormon. We ...
  A: There could be some misunderstanding going on on both sides. This is something that would be a bit ...
wine3/9/2010
  Q: My question is, why did they drink wine in Jesus's day? (Like when He turned water into wine.) And ...
  A: There are a number of interesting things we could speculate about in relation to this, and while all ...
How does Mormonism portray Christ's teachings more accurately than all other Christians?2/21/2010
  Q: You'll notice this topic responded to by Mr. Rogers, though he does not wish to answer it in a ...
  A: Though born into my faith, that has little to do with my devotion to it. My parents are great people ...
3 degrees of glory10/7/2009
  Q: What are the 3 levels of Celestial glory? I need data for for my Relief Society lesson. Thank you
  A: That hasn't been revealed. There are certain things we know, and some things that could be easily ...
Primary9/22/2009
  Q: We now have a secretary in our Primary and I am hoping to research her role. What I know so far is ...
  A: While I've held a lot of callings in the Church, Primary is one organization I've not served much ...
B.O.M. question9/22/2009
  Q: The Book of Mormon mentions several animals, plants, and technologies that did not existed in ...
  A: That's rather akin to asking if you trust someone who was there or if you trust someone who ...
Hymns7/30/2009
  Q: I love the melody and the first two verses to the hymn "If You Could Hie to Kolob." But I am ...
  A: Well, for starters, I don't represent the Church in any official capacity at all here, and what I'm ...
BOM and BIBLE7/9/2009
  Q: how are you Gene, i am studying the history of BOM and bible, base on the BOM, it record before ...
  A: You are correct in the sense that they knew of the company of Christ and had faith in him - do note ...
Question6/28/2009
  Q: Can a Mormon go into a Shriner's building for a meeting while a bar in the building is serving ...
  A: Well, technically a Mormon can do whatever they want - we believe in free agency :) I believe your ...
what will satan do ??6/6/2009
  Q: How are you Gene, The bible say Satan will pretend angel deceive the elect (matt 24;24)(2 ...
  A: No, in all honesty, I've never had the thought as to whether Joseph Smith "tested" the Spirit when ...
Why is Moroni an angel5/3/2009
  Q: Gene, If Moroni devoutly practiced the Mormon Gospel, why is he an angel now rather than a God?
  A: Before I answer this question, I think I'm going to need some more information from you so I can be ...
Brother of Jared12/31/2008
  Q: I'm unable to find anything online after a brief search. How did the Lord touch the Brother of ...
  A: Somewhere a general authority has probably given a better answer to this question than what I will ...
Family History and mormon doctrine9/28/2008
  Q: Could you explain me please why is family history considered as one of the most important beliefs of ...
  A: To fully answer your question would require that I cover pretty much all of our beliefs. Since I'm ...
moon and sun inhabited?8/25/2008
  Q: Gene - how does one make any sense of this doctrine? Seems quite absurd and certainly adds to the ...
  A: It neither adds or takes away from the credibility of Joseph Smith. Many people are quick to make ...
Holy Bible and the Book of Mormom8/23/2008
  Q: Since we have only a lifetime to live and many things to do, how long does it takes to have a ...
  A: Like most things in life, this depends on how much work and effort you put into it. It actually ...
Revelation8/12/2008
  Q: What is Revelation? What does it have to do with Jesus?
  A: Revelation is knowledge - pure correct knowledge that comes from God. In our everyday lives, without ...
Apostasy12/17/2007
  Q: Assuming that your church is the true church of Jesus Christ, how do we know that the church will ...
  A: The answer lies in the Bible. The original apostasy was prophesied before it occurred in several ...
Mormons12/13/2007
  Q: Do Mormons belive in the whole Bible? According to Mormon beliefs, who wrote the Bible? According to ...
  A: We use the King James version of the Bible. We do believe the Bible to be the word of God, so far as ...
Trinity11/25/2007
  Q: Do LDS believe in the Trinity? Do LDS believe that Christ visited the Native people of America?
  A: We do not believe in the concept of the Trinity. We do believe in God the Eternal Father, His son ...
Health9/21/2007
  Q: I am exploring my spirituality. After many years as a smoker,drinker,and caffeine,I am attracted to ...
  A: For the best explanation on our stance you should refer to D&C (Doctrine and Covenants) section ...
God9/9/2007
  Q: Does God exist in a physical body? A body of flesh and bone? Did God start with a mortal body (like ...
  A: Yes. God has a body of flesh and bone as do we. However, unlike us, He does not have blood - His ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Gene Black

Top Expert on this page