Latter-day Saints/Questions Answered by Expert Brian Rogers

SubjectDate Asked
about mormon worst behaviour9/10/2012
  Q: i have high stress job, so i need some BOM know person, not nessarily member. i hate MORMON church ...
  A: M, I have more than one question regarding your email. Perhaps if you would be more specific, I ...
Baptism of the dead8/24/2012
  Q: Re: baptism of the dead you said "What is curious is that most of Christianity does not practice it ...
  A: John, regarding your comment under the rating section, I disagree. There is Biblical evidence for ...
book of Mormon8/13/2012
  Q: According to section 27.5 of Doctrine and Covenants, the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the ...
  A: Fred, The LDS Church does not have an official answer for this that I am aware of, but it is an ...
The Bible12/27/2011
  Q: What do the LDS believe about what Galatians 1:8 says about adding to the bible?
  A: Sandra, Thanks for the question. I think what you are really asking is two questions. First, Gal ...
about religion1/3/2011
  Q: I used to wonder about God, so I studied the bible and wondered who wrote it..because some of the ...
  A: Sara, You pose a very broad question which has been discussed and divided Christianity for years. ...
Quotes from early church leaders9/22/2010
  Q: I am LDS and have a strong testimony. I have a few questions I would like to ask you pertaining to ...
  A: Mike, Yes, I am very familiar with the quotes. Having been a member of FAIR (www.fairlds.org)for ...
How does Mormonism portray Christ more accurately?2/20/2010
  Q: I originally sent this to Drew Williams because I noticed his "10" rating... He sent it back to me ...
  A: Elliot, Glad you emailed me. No, your email, while it is long, it still deserves answers. Here is ...
prayer1/2/2010
  Q: I have been asked to give the opening prayer in sacrament meeting this Sunday. I have a tendency to ...
  A: Lori, I just got in and thankfully decided to check my emails, otherwise, I may have missed your ...
I was wrongly treated by an official representative of the LDS Church12/25/2009
  Q: I am not a member of the LDS Church. Just now I went to the official LDS web site. I had a question ...
  A: David, First off, let me apologize for the late response. I did not notice your e-mail in my box ...
Primary9/22/2009
  Q: We now have a secretary in our Primary and I am hoping to research her role. What I know so far is ...
  A: The role of each member in the Primary Presidency is defined in Church Handbook of Instructions. For ...
B.O.M. question9/22/2009
  Q: The Book of Mormon mentions several animals, plants, and technologies that did not existed in ...
  A: S, The challenge you present has been answered many, many times before. I suggest you begin here: ...
Nebuchadnezzar's Dream5/10/2009
  Q: As I understand Daniels interpretation of Nebuchadnezzar's Dream the head of Gold is Babylonia, the ...
  A: Penny, I must admit you got me on this one. The only treatise I have ever read on the topic was a ...
LDS wedding3/11/2009
  Q: I'm a historian working on a cultural history of American wedding practices, primarily Protestant ...
  A: Katy, I couple of items before I answer. First off, thank you very much for giving me your ...
Melchizedek Priesthood1/19/2009
  Q: Who was the lsst prophet in the Old Testament to have the Melchizedek priesthood? And is there a ...
  A: Morning John, I know you sent this question last Sunday and I apologize for the late reply. I work ...
sealing12/24/2008
  Q: My aunts and uncles sealed my mom to her parents after she died. I am a non practicing mormon, does ...
  A: Ginger, First off, I must sincerely apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I check my emails ...
death12/10/2008
  Q: I have a problems in life. I think that the ultimate goal of life to achieve liberation. A person ...
  A: good to hear from you again. I must admit that you do ask some serious questions! (grin) And what ...
Question about YHWH and Elohim?12/7/2008
  Q: Someone asked earlier on an LDS discussion board on Facebook: "I'm sorry, but I have a bunch of ...
  A: Nick, I finally have a little time this morning, not much, but some. Regarding your question, did ...
goal of Christianity10/23/2008
  Q: What is the ultimate goal of Christianity?
  A: Morning Henry, To bring people to Christ, so that through His Atonement, we may be saved. Having ...
Wealth10/16/2008
  Q: I want to become a billionaire. How does following God allows me to do that? Can God such as Jesus ...
  A: Henry, If I recall correctly, I may be wrong and I have not checked my previous emails to you to ...
life10/14/2008
  Q: How do I deal with the pain of death? How do I deal with pain (such as knife wounds, battle wounds, ...
  A: good to hear from you again. Sorry it took a couple of days to respond. I have been away from my ...
Joseph and Emma Smith9/9/2008
  Q: n an LDS institute class my instructor said (about two years ago) that, at the time of Joseph ...
  A: Good Morning Ian, First, let me clearly state that I am extremely pro-LDS, so you at least know a ...
Wealth9/8/2008
  Q: Is it okay to pursue wealth?
  A: Henry, Yup, sure is, at least in my opinion. The caveat is what is the reason? If someone pursues ...
Life8/28/2008
  Q: I have three important lesson of life: 1. How do you overcome the fear of death and every ...
  A: Henry, Please forgive my late reply. I have been busy. 1. I don't know. Personally, I do not have a ...
God command of killing8/25/2008
  Q: An Atheist asked me if your God Jesus is love and love us then why He command Saul to killed every ...
  A: Nick, This is the type of question where my thoughts run the entire gambit. I certainly sympathize ...
LDS doctrines.8/23/2008
  Q: I would be interested in your comments on the doctrinal "issues" on the following link. Thanks ...
  A: John, I am familiar with much of what the Tanners have said over the years and to be frank, I am ...
Old testaments mention Trinity8/11/2008
  Q: Does Jews also believes in trinity ? What about Adam , Cain , Noah, Abraham, Isac , Jacob , David ...
  A: Nick, I do not if the Jewish theology embraces the Trinity or not. I am not of the Jewish faith nor ...
Love Thy Neighbor7/14/2008
  Q: Love Thy Neighbor Christ said our war is not against flesh, but against powers and principalities, ...
  A: I agree with you Mike. However, I also feel that it is incumbent upon every Christian, regardless of ...
First Vision5/16/2008
  Q: As you know, the L.D.S. Church is founded upon the idea that Joseph Smith asked God which of the ...
  A: Good Morning Barbara, (well, it is morning for me) LDS thought has a different take on Matthew ...
requirement3/28/2008
  Q: What is required of a Mormon man to marry? Does he need to fully provide for his wife?
  A: K, In LDS theology, we believe, (and I very strongly believe) that families are eternal. Under this ...
Questions3/9/2008
  Q: My family history in the church is prominent, my great grandfather is John D. Lee. My family has ...
  A: Good Evening Devin, You ask quite a few questions here and I hope to address them all. If I don't, ...
cofee,bapstim2/15/2008
  Q: why coffee tea are bad?
  A: Sarah, Thanks for the question. In the LDS scriptural canon, we are given what is called the Word ...
Mormanism1/30/2008
  Q: Why is there no archaeological evidence of Joseph Smith's claims? Why did so many of Joseph Smith's ...
  A: Jack, First, I want to make sure I understand your question. I assume that you are referring to the ...
truth1/6/2008
  Q: why is the lds theology and teaching so different from orthodoxy.I find no evidence of planet kolob ...
  A: Raymond, I apologize for the late reply to you e-mail. I have had a very busy Sunday. Your question ...
Apostasy12/18/2007
  Q: Brian, Assuming that your church is the true church of Jesus Christ, how do we know that the church ...
  A: Cody, In a word, (or two) We don't! At least that is my opinion. We have been promised that God ...
dating12/8/2007
  Q: I like this guy and he's a mormon. Ive been reading alot on morons and i'm kinda interested in it ...
  A: Positively NOT! No, never, it is NOT a sin. No way. If the "Mormon" in this scenario feels that ...

All Questions in This Category

Latter-day Saints

Brian Rogers

Top Expert on this page