Law School/Law School Admissions

Question
Ma'am,

I was browsing around and saw that you had answered a questions pertaining to the start/finish to get into law school.  I am a retired homicide detective and I am currently at the second year in my undergrad work in Public Policy BS degree from Arizona State.  My current GPA is 3.7
What I am trying to do is study for the June LSAT and hit it after the semester is over.  I have already communicated with the Prelaw advisor to just let them know I am coming in a couple of years.  What can you provide to assist?  Thank you in advance.

Felix

Answer
Hi Felix -

I'm not sure what you're asking me.  You'll need to be more specific with your question.  Your GPA is very good.  If you're only in your second year of undergrad, you might want to wait to take the LSAT.  Most people take it during their junior year.  Make sure you study for it well as the LSAT is a very critical component of your application to any school.  I recommend taking a prep course.  I do not and cannot recommend any particular prep course, but Kaplan and Princeton Review are two that are available.  You'll need letters of recommendations, preferably from current professors and/or employers.  You'll also need a solid personal statement essay.  If you go to the LSAC (Law School Admission Council) website, there is tons of information on there on how to apply to law school.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any more questions.  Good luck!

Law School

Evelyn R. Hernandez