Lawns/Buried Trash / Centipeded

Hello,Sir, and thank you for volunteering for this service.

I live in Georgia.  I have been in my home for 8 years.  The home was new construction, but the house remained unsold for about 15 months.  The HOA kept the yard up before we bought it and it looked great when we moved in.  It is Bermuda in the front and sides (about 3K sq ft).  It was fescue in the back (small back yard).  The fescue died out after the first couple of years.  I went and got some centipede sod and replaced the dead areas.  The next season, the centipede was fine, but the rest of the fescue died out.  I again replaced those areas with centipede sod.  Last year the back yard looked great.  This season some areas are not coming back and again look dead.  I have 2 questions:

1) Is there a "best" way to restore centipede in these areas?
2) Is it possible that the builder buried trash in the yard and it is now affecting the grass?

With a home test kit, my Ph is at normal levels.  It was 6.5 if I remember correctly, but that was last year and I didn't record it.

Any help will be appreciated.   Thanks much!

- Mike

You can restore centipede grass by either sodding or by Sprigging.
It is possible that there is builder's waste buried on the property. Usually it is in the front yard and is not often a cause of turf failure; rather there is a discoloration and stunted growth.  

Ronald B Persaud

Florida (Central and South) lawns maintenance and troubleshooting.

Work experience in Garden and Technical Sales (Ace Hardware and Lesco). L&O Spray Technican/Horticulturist/Tree permitting (Local Municipality). Commercial Landscape Maintenance (Condo complex and Shopping Mall)

Past member Florida Landscape Maintenance Association (Pinellas County).

On the 'Gardenweb' under the pseudonym "Ronalawn82"

CPO certified (L&O) Florida. Hons. Graduate: Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (now Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry), Trinidad WI.