Lawns/brown weed filled lawn

I live in Colorado Springs which is mostly sand and hard for grass to grow.  Last year I seeded with a micro clover and grass seed mix as it was said to grow in even the harshest environments.  I was thrilled when I saw it starting to grow and was anxiously waiting for this year to see if it would work on the disaster area that is my lawn.  I give it a deep watering twice a week as it is very hot and dry and we are in drought conditions. Unfortunately the lawn is brown and patchy instead of lush and full.  The only things that seem to be doing well are the dandelions and crab grass.  Please help!

When rainfall conditions are good, the lawn appears green - all other things being equal.
It is when rainfall is sparse that we see weaknesses in the irrigation system - a design weakness.
I suspect that this is what you are seeing in those brown patches.
Try to discern a pattern. If you see a curving patch of brown, it might indicate that two heads are not meeting or overlapping.
If the irrigation system is barely adequate in some areas, you might try extending the watering duration of that zone. Sometimes it is necessary to add a head to cover the brown areas.
I hope that this helps
I sincerely hope that you are not in the path of any wild fires.

Ronald B Persaud

Florida (Central and South) lawns maintenance and troubleshooting.

Work experience in Garden and Technical Sales (Ace Hardware and Lesco). L&O Spray Technican/Horticulturist/Tree permitting (Local Municipality). Commercial Landscape Maintenance (Condo complex and Shopping Mall)

Past member Florida Landscape Maintenance Association (Pinellas County).

On the 'Gardenweb' under the pseudonym "Ronalawn82"

CPO certified (L&O) Florida. Hons. Graduate: Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (now Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry), Trinidad WI.