Lawns/losing my palmetto grass lawn.

I'll keep it brief. I used grass plugs [palmetto grass] to redo my back lawn its been fine up to two weeks ago. Then it started to lose its blades and the roots or stolens started to show.I blamed not enough Sun and began cuts the over grown trees in my yard. Now ,I simply lose more and more of this beautiful lawn everyday. Can you help,I sure would appreciate hearing from you. Thank you Ronald.
Chuck Mallon

To see if insects are the problem, pour some soapy water over a small area of the lawn and watch for any insects that might emerge from the sod. If harmful insects are present in sufficient numbers, then you will need to control them.
Ask your County Extension Agent for further information.
If there are no insects, then you might have a fungus in the lawn. I do not know if "take all" fungus is a problem of your area; you might do well to find out more about it.

Ronald B Persaud

Florida (Central and South) lawns maintenance and troubleshooting.

Work experience in Garden and Technical Sales (Ace Hardware and Lesco). L&O Spray Technican/Horticulturist/Tree permitting (Local Municipality). Commercial Landscape Maintenance (Condo complex and Shopping Mall)

Past member Florida Landscape Maintenance Association (Pinellas County).

On the 'Gardenweb' under the pseudonym "Ronalawn82"

CPO certified (L&O) Florida. Hons. Graduate: Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (now Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry), Trinidad WI.