Lawns/Dollar Weed

Question
I live in Carville La. We had a wet winter and dollar weed has taken over my vegetable garden. I am looking for a product that I can use in my vegetable garden that will kill the dollar weed but no my vegetables. If I have to water after applying the product I will need 200ft of garden hose.I am looking something I can spray. Any help I can get will be deeply appreciate.

Answer
I have been giving much thought to your enquiry. Alas, I have to fall back on Roundup®. The label on the concentrate allows the undiluted product to be "wiped" on the leaves of the weed. It is legal to apply a product at less than the label rate. So I recommend that you use something like a sponge paint applicator to wipe the OTC product on the leaves of the weeds. Be sure to shake off the excess chemical to avoid dripping. If you add some food coloring to the mixture, you will be able to see when you have (mis)applied the product to your desirable plants. You can immediately snip off these parts to prevent the Roundup® from translocating  within the plant.
I once had to do this to some weeds that had grown up through a hedge. I applied the concentrate using a windscreen cleaning tool. It called for a steady hand and it was tiring.  

Lawns

Ronald B Persaud