Lawns/turf and stickers

1. Problem those cute little stickers. starts off with a purple flower then come summer they up and turn to stickers. 2. live in the woods and great rain off but my ditch in front is washing away. How can i take care of these problems.

To get rid of the weed (and whatever plants the spray may get on to) use Roundup® or any name brand product containing glyphosate. It is a non selective plant killer.
Concerning the second problem, I understand that the ditch bank or slope is being washed away during times of heavy rainfall. If I am right, that is Mother Nature's way of telling you that the slope is too steep and/or it is too bare.
If the climate allows, you can plant "Khus Khus" grass ( or similar, to hold the slope.
Or you can construct a suitable barrier. The simplest might be palm trunks laid across the slope and held in place by rebar or similar material driven into the ground.
The erosion of the ditch bank might be the more urgent of your two problems.  

Ronald B Persaud

Florida (Central and South) lawns maintenance and troubleshooting.

Work experience in Garden and Technical Sales (Ace Hardware and Lesco). L&O Spray Technican/Horticulturist/Tree permitting (Local Municipality). Commercial Landscape Maintenance (Condo complex and Shopping Mall)

Past member Florida Landscape Maintenance Association (Pinellas County).

On the 'Gardenweb' under the pseudonym "Ronalawn82"

CPO certified (L&O) Florida. Hons. Graduate: Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (now Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry), Trinidad WI.