Lawns/Accidental use of Dithiopyr .27% in my vegetable garden

Please Help!!! I accidentally used Preen Southern weed preventer in my vegetable garden, and was told I can't harvest anything for a year. I just planted all my tomato,pepper, eggplant, and other veggies in there. Will Activated Charcoal neutralize this chemical so that my plants will be O.K. to harvest. Please advise ASAP. Some people say it will, some say no and to scrap the garden for this year. Thank you so much for an anticipated speedy reply.  Tony

Read the label carefully. There is a section that is named "Re entry". It will tell you the interval that people and pets must stay out of the treated area, effect on wild life and water bodies; and things like that. If there is no instruction on what to do in your particular circumstances, please get in touch with the manufacturer's technical people for advice. You may also contact the Extension services of the County in which you live.
Remember that, "The Label is the Law".

Ronald B Persaud

Florida (Central and South) lawns maintenance and troubleshooting.

Work experience in Garden and Technical Sales (Ace Hardware and Lesco). L&O Spray Technican/Horticulturist/Tree permitting (Local Municipality). Commercial Landscape Maintenance (Condo complex and Shopping Mall)

Past member Florida Landscape Maintenance Association (Pinellas County).

On the 'Gardenweb' under the pseudonym "Ronalawn82"

CPO certified (L&O) Florida. Hons. Graduate: Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (now Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry), Trinidad WI.