Lawns/Red thread disease

I live in south Louisiana. While mowing my yard this morning, I noticed a few blades of grass were red. Last year I noticed they I had large patches of dark green, patches of light green, and and brown spots. After doing a little online research, I think it may be red thread disease. Does this sound like the correct conclusion? What would be the best form of treatment? Thank you for your time and your help.

I am not doing too well with questions today.
I am completely unfamiliar with red thread disease; except that it is caused by a fungus - and a good fungicide may control its spread. But I suspect that you will find such an answer inadequate.
So, check out THIS SITE.
If you still have questions you can come back here.
Thanks for your enquiry.

Ronald B Persaud

Florida (Central and South) lawns maintenance and troubleshooting.

Work experience in Garden and Technical Sales (Ace Hardware and Lesco). L&O Spray Technican/Horticulturist/Tree permitting (Local Municipality). Commercial Landscape Maintenance (Condo complex and Shopping Mall)

Past member Florida Landscape Maintenance Association (Pinellas County).

On the 'Gardenweb' under the pseudonym "Ronalawn82"

CPO certified (L&O) Florida. Hons. Graduate: Eastern Caribbean Farm Institute (now Eastern Caribbean Institute of Agriculture and Forestry), Trinidad WI.