Lawns/Weeds in new lawn

Question
Our lawn is new, hydro seeded about 2 months ago, I live in Amherst, NY.. We have not done anything with the weeds except pulling them. Is there a weed control I can put on to control the weeds, it's been mowed about 3 time Since? Thanks for the help. I do now t know w what type of s ends were in the house dosed.

Answer
I have very little experience with hydro seeding; but it can be either a DIY undertaking or outsourced.
Whatever the method, the first - absolutely first! - item on the agenda is to identify the grass that is now growing. Original packaging / label or a question to the contractor can answer this. The next step is to identify the weed(s).
A very good alternative is to take a chunk of the lawn (weeds and all) to the County Extension Office* . You may be able to obtain all your answers there.
After the grass has been identified, you will be able to narrow the choices of weed control chemicals. Within the group of chemicals, look for one that might be particularly effective against the most prevalent weed species.
To give you a quick overview. You will be looking for a post emergent weed killer for a seed propagated (rather than vegetative propagated) grass; against grass-type or broad leaved - weeds.
It might sound like a lot of work but trust me! You will be better off for having made the effort.  

* For more information call CCE Niagara County at 716-433-8839:

Lawns

Ronald B Persaud