You are here:

Lawns/Lawn mold? I think

Advertisement


Zeus' Mom wrote at 2008-07-29 14:06:14
In response to rust mold being harmful to pets , it most certainly can be to pets that may be sensitive or have allergies.I have two dogs-brothers , and one of them is highly sensitive to rust mold.His eyes and mouth get inflamed and can get to the bleeding stage. His feet will become open sores and swollen. We have had this problem for 3 years now in our lawn and are told there is no treatment for this fungus. I limit my dogs exposure to freely going outside and I disinfect his feet when he comes in , clean his face well , as it is mostly transfered from his feet to his face. I opt out of allergy shots by the vet as the side effects are not to my comfort.

The mold last for about 2 months in our area of northern Illinois.


Mick wrote at 2014-08-11 12:28:51
have this every year on my lawn. I took samples to the factory lab to see if they could identify it....the said it is a pollen but cannot tell what kind of pollen. I have lots of ash trees and pine trees. A neighbor 2 doors east of me has NO orange on his lawn. We use the same lawn company and mow the same.


Lawns

All Answers


Answers by Expert:


Ask Experts

Volunteer


Jim Gibbs

Expertise

If you have questions or problems involving lawns, pastures,landscapes,soils, gardens,orchards,plants, weeds, or anything botanical, I would be glad to try to help.

Experience

Temperate climate lawns and gardens, plant and weed identification,
chemicals and fertilizers.

Education/Credentials
I have a BS in microbiology and more than 2 years experience in commercial horticulture and also 2 years as a Seed Technologist in a
quality control testing lab for AG products. I have also operated a
lawn/landscaping business for more than 6 years.

©2016 About.com. All rights reserved.