Led Zeppelin/John Bonham drumsticks

Neville wrote at 2009-08-13 14:55:07
I can confirm that Promuco made sticks for Bonzo. I still have a pair of Promuco drumsticks that John Bonham gave to me personally in about 1977. They are monogrammed in burgundy, not silver and have been played. I was a member of a band in Kidderminster of which his sister, Debbie was a fan, so he would lend us stands and cymbals and give us sticks to use.

Debo wrote at 2009-12-30 08:42:56
The only way to prove its authenticity is to find a pair of his sticks that are 100% known to be his and compare or try to contact his drum tech some how contact and meet him and authenticate the sticks that way.  

paul wrote at 2010-05-30 17:56:50
Promuco definately made drum sticks for John Bonham as I was afriend of Tommy Fevre a outstanding drummer who's company Promuco was. I was in his shop in Doncaster when John Bonham rang up for sticks. Tommy drove down to the studio where Zep were recording either 3 or 4 I can't remember. Tommy Fevre was the drummer for Tony Christie and played on I did what I did for Maria one of Tony's hits.

theo geo wrote at 2010-11-21 23:19:46
the silver are questionable as noted but the darker marroon scripted lettered ones are quite real....i have the tamborine, stick, autograph, and otto pass from riverfront 1977 that is real nice....remember that bonhams stix are very rare and even 1 stick could fetch a grand ......very very few are floating around....good luck

Alexis wrote at 2011-06-30 20:17:03
This is a message for Paul who posted on here, you mentioned that you were a friend of my late father Tommy Fevre, please get in touch, I would love to know more about my dad as he died when I was just 3.

Paul wrote at 2011-08-18 17:18:10
Hey Alex, yeah I knew your dad. He taught me to play drums. He was a great guy a typical drummer...cheeky/bit wild sometimes. I saw him play many times and he was an exceptional drummer, one of the best! I have socialised with him a few times and we were good friends.He used to hit me with a drum stick if I hadn't been practicing ha ha. I hung about in his shop in Silver street and when he moved to the new shop (Copley rd?)I was there as well just hanging out.We had many laughs and he was part of my musical begingings. I was so sorry to hear of his death, Anyway Alex you know now from a mate of your dads that he was a top bloke and a exceptional drummer and don't let anyone tell you different! Paul ;-)

Alexis wrote at 2011-10-04 19:05:07
Hey Paul!

Thanks for getting in touch :) Im so glad to hear from someone who knew my dad outside of the family (get to know what he was really like) I know there was a clip of him on calender playing the drums from years ago, I used to have it on VHS but have no idea where it is.

He had a partner called Gerry Waller, dont suppose you know him? or of him?

Thanks again Paul! you have made my day!! :)

paul wrote at 2011-10-16 00:28:51
Hi Alexis yeah I remember Jerry. I was in the shop(S) quite regularly. I used to go to the Yarbro club in Bentley to see your dad and Basil (keyboards) they were absolutely fantastic! Your dad invited me to take some drumsticks to John Bonham when he was recording one of Zeps albums maybe 3 or 4 I'm not sure, but like a IDIOT!! I slept in and missed the chance to jam with Zep!!!!

I have some very fond memories of your dad and that part of my life. I am still playing and have just joined a hip hop band in Sweden. The album should be released soon so fingers crossed. Good to hear I made your day pleases me. Bye for now Paul ;-)

Alexis wrote at 2013-05-16 16:09:39
Hi Paul,

I was wondering if you could send a link to your music, would be great to hear your stuff!

graham wrote at 2014-04-12 17:31:32
Jerry Waller os ok and well.Talking to h today about your dad

Jan Waller wrote at 2014-04-24 08:20:02
Hi Alexis

love you to get in touch with me. Am still at the same address in Thorne St. Nicholas Rd.

Gerry Waller

Alexis wrote at 2014-09-03 19:53:53
Hi Gerry,

Oh my goodness! I was literally just talking to my mum (June) about you today!

my email address is

Hope to hear from you soon.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.