Led Zeppelin/engraved "do....wilt" on SOME Zep 3 vinyl

Zoso wrote at 2011-06-12 06:04:51
This is not entirely correct. The inscription on Led Zeppelin III actually appears on all US and UK pressings, both originals and reissues. They do not appear on any other international pressings, with the sole exception being the Lebanese pressing. On all the US pressings the inscription is neatly written in a small script font, while on all UK pressings it is in a much larger block-style printing that is clearly different than the US font. The US pressings have the inscriptions “Do What Thou Wilt” and “So Mote Be It”, while the UK pressings have “Do What Thou Wilt” and “So Mote It Be” (note the wording switch from “So Mote Be It”). Which inscription appears on which side of the vinyl appears to depend upon the pressing plant location. Some have "Do..." on side one and "So..." on side two, others have this reversed. Some have the same inscription on both sides, and some have one of the inscriptions on one side and the other side blank. The US mono white-label promo version has no inscriptions at all, while the US stereo white-label promo has "Do..." on both sides (but I've also seen it with "So..." on both sides). Cheers!  

mark wrote at 2014-12-27 01:18:03
I have a led zeppelin l p with the sin # 102006 and it is ingerved both sides

Led Zeppelin

Chris M. Zangara

I`m not only a Zeppelin fanatic, but I have been collecting Zeppelin - including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant solo music & information - for over 27 years. I am truly a lover of Page/Plant music in & out of Zeppelin simply because of the honesty & integrity of it all. - I have been studying them for as long as I have been listening to Rock/Blues Music. Their interpretation of the blues is unlike any other. I look forward to any question and will answer the very best I can - as above all - I am just a fan like you! (Please understand my interest is in the music and people of REAL life; NOT in rumor or fantasy).

Lover of blues roots and rock music from early 1900's to today. Musician for 30 years, mostly study of guitar and recording engineering.

Publications (click the PINK ticket). Other miscellaneous articles from allexperts given to help anyone who asks. I love to share.

Sound mixing and engineering certification and self training.