Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin bootleg from 1970 Hamburg gig

Question
Hi Mike,

I've had a mysterious Zep bootleg in my collection for quite some years now. I've tried to find information on it online but haven't really found out much. It seems to be from the march 1970 concert in Hamburg.  The album is titled Led Zeppelin >>Life<< and features three tracks from the concert which appear on the cover as follows:

Since My Baby's Lovin' You
White Summer (Jimmy Page and his Gibson St. Paul')
Dazed and Confused - Improvisation

The album cover does not feature any additional information except for the order number which is "Best. Nr. 1017 M". The vinyl itself has blank red labels.

If you have any information on this album and whether or not it has any value, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Answer
Hi Henry

The "Life" record is a rather obscure one, of German origin.  I've only seen it sold a few times, with the winning bid averaging $50-$60.  Since auction data is the most realistic means for determining value, I'd say $60 is a reasonable base amount.  It is scarce (presumably only 200 copies were pressed), but I haven't seen any demand for it.  In the past, I've seen a couple retailers offering a copy for an astronomical price, but as usual, they never sell.  Some older listings claim this is from the 1970 Dusseldorf show, but I'm pretty sure you're right - it's Hamburg.

Best wishes,
Mike  

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell