Led Zeppelin/Physical Graffiti

Hi Mike

I have a copy of of the above album. Swan Song SSK 89400
1.It has Swan Song/484 King's Road, London SW10 at the top middle of the rear sleeve.
2.The labels have "Made in UK" at 9 0'clock position and there is NO Warners logo at the 3 o'clock position.
3. With die-cut sleeve, inner sleeve, and folded insert.
4. The martix's on the album I have are: SSK 89400 A/B/C/D with NO numbers following the letters.
I have seen first pressings before, with the martix's: SSK 89400,
My father always said that this was rarer than the other first pressings?
I look forward to your reply.
kind regards

Hi Lis

Amongst the UK first pressings, those with that matrix aren't necessarily rarer than, say, the A1/B4 copies.  Some believe that the B4 pressing is mastered a bit more aggressively than B5, but that's a listening preference.  For some additional information, check out this link, it's a similar question with a few more details, such as value...

Best wishes,

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.