Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin lyrics

Question
Are there lyrics in any Led Zeppelin songs that have been taken from The Magic Arts In Celtic Britain" by Lewis Spence."

Answer
Hi John

Not quite "taken from" word for word, but there were themes in "Stairway To Heaven" that seemed to be drawn from Plant's studies of Lewis Spence's work at the time.  Lyrically, segments such as the "rings of smoke" and "May Queen" would be examples; concepts related to ancient rituals and folklore. Obviously, the lyrics as a whole are uniquely Plant's, but some of the imagery can be attributed to him being an avid reader of Spence and Tolkien.

Mike

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell