Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin lyrics

Are there lyrics in any Led Zeppelin songs that have been taken from The Magic Arts In Celtic Britain" by Lewis Spence."

Hi John

Not quite "taken from" word for word, but there were themes in "Stairway To Heaven" that seemed to be drawn from Plant's studies of Lewis Spence's work at the time.  Lyrically, segments such as the "rings of smoke" and "May Queen" would be examples; concepts related to ancient rituals and folklore. Obviously, the lyrics as a whole are uniquely Plant's, but some of the imagery can be attributed to him being an avid reader of Spence and Tolkien.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.