Led Zeppelin/Song Remains... movie trailer.

Movie Trailer
Movie Trailer  
Hi. I have an original 1976 35mm 3.5-minute movie trailer for The Song Remains the Same (see photo). It's in near-mint condition. Can you tell me what it might be worth? Thanks.

Hi Chris

Since the Zep collector market is mostly comprised of records and posters, I rarely hear of things like this for sale.  Consequently, it's hard to nail down an exact value, but there are ways to gauge its worth with auction results from comparable items.  For example, a Beatles movie trailer recently sold for $167.50, and there are similar trailers being offered for higher amounts, but those aren't selling.  Given all that, I'd think $150 would be a fair ballpark estimate of worth.  It might sound low, but in most cases, items that aren't easy to display (unlike posters, for example) usually don't have quite as big a demand amongst music-related collectors.  You might want to check with an authority on cinematic collectibles to see what their opinion might be.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.