Led Zeppelin/question about "i got a woman (hey hey what can i do)"

Hi,I have a friend that swears that he only listened to full lps growing up,borrowing his sisters records to listen to.He claims that he listened to that song on an album,not on a compilation or single.Half of me thinks hes looney,the other half..well,(since hes so set on this,part of me believes him)but what i have found on the led zeppelin website,says that it only was released as a  b side(he doesnt trust wikipedias information)could it have been released on a rare album under a different name.I figure that this is the place to go for the best answer...ask a led zeppelin expert.personally i think it would have fit well on led zepp 3,but that didnt happen.please help

Thanks for the question, that single was a holy grail mission for me in the early 80s as it was never played on radio and never really known,I finally found it in a overpriced record store as a import single from Japan.Great song that seems they produced very well,that leaves one to wonder why they did not have it on Zep 3 instead of that waste of space known as "Hats off to Roy Harper".Fortunately we now have it readily available and my local radio station plays it at least 12 times a week. Now the answer to your question.Yes your friend did hear it on a album if he happened to get it "The New Age of Atlantic" released in 1972 which was a Atlantic records sampler released only in the UK it also featured Yes doing Simon and Garfunkels "America".Besides that "compilation LP and the Immigrant Song B side they were the only sources back then and Never on a led Zeppelin LP
Thanks again for your question hope that helps

Led Zeppelin

Sal buscemi

I can answer any Led Zeppelin and post Zeppelin.I can answer any questions about any tour,date recordings( both official releases and bootleg recordings),and the stories behind them. I also have a good bearing of Zeppelin collectibles as I have several.

I have been obsessed with Zeppelin since 1979 and have collected bootlegs in which I have almost complete tours of 1973,1975,1977,1979,1980 and earlier shows from 69-72.(I really did not care for earlier recordings as the quality was not all there,So I got alot of soundboard recordings).My older cousins saw them in the Singer Bowl in NY and others saw them every tour till 1977.My best friend also saw them in 75 and 77,I saw Plants first tour,2 ARMS concerts,2 Firm shows,I went to Live Aid,Page's Outrider tour,Plants 2nd tour,Page with the Black Crows at Roseland Ballroom in 1999,2 more shows with the crows in 2000,Them Crooked Vultures in 2009,Met Page at the Ritz,met roadies at Oakland 1977 who worked with Rick Derringer also the lawyer who represented Zeppelin for the Oakland debacle. I also have video footage of tours. I also played guitar and I am familiar with all of Page's equiptment,as well as Bonzos and Jones's . I also went to the Zep conventions in NJ in 1988 and the one in Cleveland in 1996. In closing I have a wealth of knowledge in this field and have access to lots of material in print and recordings and know every instrument that was used live and in recordings along with all the tabloid gossip stuff that most people relish but its all about the music.(and mudsharks and Lori Maddox)just kidding.

BA Resteraunt Adminstration