Led Zeppelin/3 LP Picture Discs Set

Hi.....My question is I have a Led Zeppelin Live!  Osaka Japan 9/29/71 3LP picture discs set.  I'm wondering how many of these albums were produced and what the value would be.  They've never been played on a stereo and are still in the original packaging.  Clear sleeves.  I'm considering selling them and would like to know what a fair price would be. I saw a post of yours from 2007 where you said $100.00.  Curious to see what they would be 6 years later.

Hi Linda

Over recent years, that set has become increasingly harder to find; supposedly only 375 copies were made.  Since they've never been played, I'm assuming the records themselves are in near mint condition, which is a plus.  With picture discs, the condition of the record itself is a huge factor.  There are a couple highly collectible versions of the 9/29 show, and I consider this to be one of them.  The individual discs from this release pop up on my radar occasionally, but I almost never hear about the full set being sold.  That said, I'd consider a "fair price" to be somewhere in the $150-$170 range.  With a little patience, you might even be able to hold out for more.  

Good luck!

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.