Led Zeppelin/Get the band members to sign a guitar

Question
When I was a teenager I was a fan of Led Zeppelin and still am.  I saw them when they were in Washington D.C. 1977 or 1978.  Unfortunately they had to cut the tour short because of the death of Robert Plants child. A tragedy in every way.  My son had the privilege to Robert Plant and Jimmy Page in concert when he was a teenager.  He loved Led Zeppelin as I did.  When John Bonham passed away, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page were the closet to the full Led Zeppelin.  After seeing them he he really got interested in music and wanted to play the guitar.  In 1994 He asked for Gibson Les Paul and a Marshall amp for his birthday.  He knew Jimmy Page played a Les Paul.  I was just excited he loved music and I told him that would be my choice of guitars.  He was a natural when it came to the guitar.  In 1995 my sons senior year in high school ten day after his
17th birthday on his way home from work.  He was killed in a car accident.  I was hoping to get some information on how I can get the remaining  members of Led Zeppelin and possibly Jason Bonham to sign my sons 1994 Gibson Les Paul so I can hand it in a case for him and the memory of him.  After hearing that the band may get together for a 2014 tour.  This would be a great honor for my son and myself.

Answer
Hi Borna

First and foremost, my condolences for your horrible loss, that is something no parent should ever have to suffer.  

Obviously, having them all sign something at once would be a very tricky task.  But if there happens to be a future reunion tour, you may want to draft a letter explaining everything, and send it to whomever is promoting the U.S. leg of the tour.  In addition, many tours offer ticket packages that allow backstage access, and with enough money, it might be possible to literally buy your way to getting the guitar signed.

For now, there are no such plans for a tour, so in the meantime, if you wanted to contact the band members' management companies, their latest info is included below.  John Paul Jones was known to have switched management to Opium Arts Ltd in '09, but at the moment, their contact information isn't available.  

Most recent contact info for Robert Plant:
Trinifold Management
12 Oval Road
London
NW1 7DH
UK

+44 (0)20 7419 4300
Fax +44 (0)20 7419 4325

Additional information and resources: http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/robert-plant

Jimmy Page apparently switched management to IE Music in 2010, and contact information is available at http://iemusic.co.uk/

Good luck, and I hope you are able to fulfill your wish.

Mike  

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell