Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin 1st album

Led Zeppelin 1st album, 1st side
Led Zeppelin 1st album  

Led Zeppelin 1st album, 2nd side
Led Zeppelin 1st album  
Dear Mike,

As U are big expert of Led Zeppelin and your web-site is great and helps a lot, I would  like to ask you also for another help or explanation about Led zeppelin 1st album:

I have quite strange copy of this album, (plum orange label with ´Warner Bros´)  where the numbers 588171  are "thicker" and a little smaller (i.e. different font type)  then you show above  by this version of album.
Also on 1st side the matrix number  8 is "crossed",  om 2-side the matrix numbers are uncrossed (uncorrected).
Did U ever meet with such an exemplar of this album?
Maybe to better  understand me, I  send you the photos.

I have more photos, if U want, but there is possible to attach only two.  

Many thanx for your answer in advance and best regards,

Hi Jonas

I have seen them quite a few times, and it could be considered a desirable early pressing.  As I recall, every copy also had A1/B1 tags in the matrix.  These are sometimes referred to as the "crossed matrix" pressing or "MacNeill sleeve", in reference to the cover's printer.  For means of comparison, here are a few other examples:

As you can see in the first link, it ended up selling for $155, but most of the time, the average selling price is closer to $100.  

Hope this helps,

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.