Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin 1

I have recently purchased Led Zeppelin 1 from a record store and noticed that both Led Zeppelin and the Atlantic insignia in bottom right are yellow. I am familiar with the yellow Led Zeppelin and orange Atlantic cover but have never seen this before. Hoping you could shed some light. Thanks

Hi Ben

It seems like you have one of the less common covers from the 1977 U.S. reissue.  Of those, most covers either had an orange title/orange logo or yellow title/orange logo.  Some, however, had both printed in yellow.  

Since it isn't a first pressing, the cover doesn't have much significance in terms of value.  In these cases, value will have entirely to do with condition.  Copies of the reissue in excellent condition still fetch decent money these days.  

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.