Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin Bill Graham No. 199 Tie

Question
Led Zeppelin Bill Graham Tie No.199
Led Zeppelin Bill Grah  
Good day! I recently came to own a vintage Led Zeppelin silk tie in shades of black and gray. It has peace sign designs woven into the silk. It says Bill Graham presents Led Zeppelin in San Francisco and Winterland Nov 6 7 8. Tiny print at bottom says Bill Graham 1969 No. 199-Tea Lautrec Litho-Poster Design R Tuten. On the back is Led Zeppelin Copyright Bill Graham No.199. The black backing has woven into the fabric The Fillmore Poster Ties. The piece is in excellent condition and I'm trying to find out what the value of it would be. Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi Adrienne

This was one of a long series of neck ties commemorating the Fillmore gigs of the late 60s/early 70s.  The only two Led Zeppelin ones I've seen auctioned (#155 & #199) sold for around $25 - rather disappointing amounts.  Seems that there isn't much of a market this type of item, albeit a unique one.   On the bright side, one memorabilia vendor has some of the other Fillmore ties priced at $85.  Their usual mark-up is around 150%, so that puts a more realistic value at $50.  For that amount, you'd likely find a buyer with a bit of patience.

Mike

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell