Led Zeppelin/Books

What is the first published book on Led Zeppelin

Hi Paul

To my knowledge, technically the first one was a song book, prematurely titled "Led Zeppelin Complete".  It was published in 1973, and contained the sheet music for most of their first five albums.  From a more biographical angle, the earliest one on my radar was by Ritchie York, called "The Led Zeppelin Biography" from 1976.  The qualifier here is that these are the earliest ones I'm aware of - there may have been some long out-of-print, small-scale book published prior to those years.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.