Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin Tour Over Europe 1980 Ticket

Question
Ticket
Ticket  

Ticket
Ticket  
Hi Mike,

I have an authentic Led Zeppelin concert ticket from the July 5, 1980 show at Olympiahalle in Munich, Germany.  I believe this is the second to last show Led Zeppelin did before John Bonham died.  My father attended this concert and said it was the best concert he has ever been to.  The ticket is not in the best shape. I'm curious how much you feel this ticket is worth?

Thanks,

Taylor

Answer
Hi Taylor

Gauging old ticket values is one of the trickiest things.  There's age, condition, "specialness" of the show, size of venue, size of city and plenty of other stuff.  One good thing is that you don't see Europe '80 tickets for sale, let alone unused.  This is the first time I've seen an unused ticket for this particular show, so there's a bit of guesswork involved.  Being a display item, condition really hurts its value (especially the handwritten stuff on the front).  That said, it's feasible to see someone offering around $60 for it, given its scarcity.

Mike

PS: I'm guessing the ticket was already sold?  Looks like the item came up recently in one of my past sale listings.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell