Led Zeppelin/Thank you by Led Zeppelin

Hi Sal.

I remember hearing a version of Thank you as a kid where it sounds a little like Robert Plant is under water when he sings the verse, "If the sun refused to shine...."  Also, when he sings it, he emphasizes the words Sun and Shine.  Do you know where I can find this version of the song?  I've spent the last couple hours looking for it.

Thank you.

Thank you for the question,Joe but there is only one version of "Thank You" I do know what you are talking about though and a possible explanation is that now the song has been remixed and cleaned several times that it may of lost that effect,that is possible but doubtful another possibility may be the speakers we have now I don't think they measure up to the big old stuff we had in the 80's I remember the first time my neighbor played for me Physical Graffiti when Custard pie started it was amazing with the split channels right then I became a fan before Plant could sing"Drop down baby" I was hooked .The effect that sounds like as you described is more pronounced in the last verse prior to the end of the song. I hope this answers your question the effect is there you just have to listen for it.

Led Zeppelin

Sal buscemi

I can answer any Led Zeppelin and post Zeppelin.I can answer any questions about any tour,date recordings( both official releases and bootleg recordings),and the stories behind them. I also have a good bearing of Zeppelin collectibles as I have several.

I have been obsessed with Zeppelin since 1979 and have collected bootlegs in which I have almost complete tours of 1973,1975,1977,1979,1980 and earlier shows from 69-72.(I really did not care for earlier recordings as the quality was not all there,So I got alot of soundboard recordings).My older cousins saw them in the Singer Bowl in NY and others saw them every tour till 1977.My best friend also saw them in 75 and 77,I saw Plants first tour,2 ARMS concerts,2 Firm shows,I went to Live Aid,Page's Outrider tour,Plants 2nd tour,Page with the Black Crows at Roseland Ballroom in 1999,2 more shows with the crows in 2000,Them Crooked Vultures in 2009,Met Page at the Ritz,met roadies at Oakland 1977 who worked with Rick Derringer also the lawyer who represented Zeppelin for the Oakland debacle. I also have video footage of tours. I also played guitar and I am familiar with all of Page's equiptment,as well as Bonzos and Jones's . I also went to the Zep conventions in NJ in 1988 and the one in Cleveland in 1996. In closing I have a wealth of knowledge in this field and have access to lots of material in print and recordings and know every instrument that was used live and in recordings along with all the tabloid gossip stuff that most people relish but its all about the music.(and mudsharks and Lori Maddox)just kidding.

BA Resteraunt Adminstration