Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin Poster

Led Zeppelin Poster
Led Zeppelin Poster  
We acquired this poster some time ago, but cannot find any info on it. We were told that it was an original promo from Atlantic Records for their debut album. Can you tell us anything about it?

Hi Lisa

Certainly a unique poster in its own way, but a few red flags pop up regarding its authenticity as an Atlantic Records item.  Most notably, according to several poster authorities (such as Pete Howard), Atlantic did not formally produce a promotional poster for the first album.  Ampex Tapes issued one (with Atlantic's blessing), but nothing from Atlantic itself.  

In addition, there are issues with the visual aspects.  What appears to be the Atlantic logo at bottom left seems abnormally small and out of place, relative to its customary size and position on the album cover.  Also, roughly one-third of the album's cover art is cropped out at the bottom, due to the odd choice of using rectangular stock for artwork that is normally represented within square proportions.

While I don't consider it to be an official promotional poster from Atlantic, it's still an impressive piece in apparently good condition.  I have not seen one exactly like this, in terms of configuration and proportions, and it still could be a nice piece to have framed or otherwise preserved.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.