Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin Day of Green

Question
day on the Green
day on the Green  

day on the Green
day on the Green  
Mike,
I purchased several years ago a Led Zeppelin poster set. The set was produced by Randy Tuten & the late Bill Bostedt, purchased from Bill's wife. Its the July 23, 24, 1977 printer proof set. Includes 15 poster uncut, signed by both. You may see the set at Wilchem.com under rock and roll link. only showing a few poster in the set.
Does this set have any value/ if so what do you think it may be?

Kindest regards,
SW

Answer
Hi Steve

For starters, it might be best that you consult someone whose expertise is solely in rock posters - they might be able to provide more specific information regarding value.   For what it's worth, here's my take:

Certainly a rare set - I have only known one other to have been up for sale in the past.  The set is valuable, but not necessarily for the quantity of prints involved here.  From a collector's standpoint, the posters would require lots of wall space and quite a bit of money to frame them all.  Several of the 1 & 2 color prints don't have much of a visual "pop" as the full-color version does.  

As for value, that's a really tough thing to pin down.  If I recall correctly, the other set I was aware of finally sold for around $2000.   That was surprising, since a single artist's proof was sometimes selling for only slightly less than that amount.  Yours could fetch at least twice as much, because of the signatures, mint condition, and that it had been in Bostedt's possession.    That again may seem like a low amount, but what I see a collector comfortably offering these days.  

Mike

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell