Led Zeppelin/Light and dark purple Led Zep IV LP's

Hello Mike:
    Also, what do you think a fair price would be for these two different purple LP's in good shape? I am just trying to get an idea, not trying to hold you to anything.
    I know 20 years ago the light purple LP was worth ~ $400. But I believe that $50-$150 is more appropriate in these instant gratification/internet days. Do you agree?
    What about the dark purple LP? That has to be pricey, if you can find it.
    Thanks and regards.

Hi Jack

For the light purple one, I'd say $50-$80 would be a reasonable price.  Most times, the ones I see selling in good-excellent condition average in this range.
As for the dark purple one, you saw the copy that topped out at $358 back in 2007.  That was the result of rather competitive bidding, and probably not a valid indicator of value these days.  Nevertheless, I'm sure it could still fetch $200 minimum, depending on its condition.

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell

I have been a lifetime Led Zeppelin researcher (not just fan). Have gained a strong reputation as an appraiser of their rare records and memorabilia. For various reasons, I cannot respond to emails sent to my personal account, but I will always respond to questions posted here!

Countless hours of biographical research and personal interaction with relevant individuals. Avid contributor to Led Zeppelin newsgroups since 1997 (check Google groups!)

Bullseye News Magazine. The Vapid Voice.

Masters Degree, Computer Science. Bachelor's Degree, Psychology.

Several literary awards.