Led Zeppelin/77 and 80 tourdatea

Question
I was curious to know as another fanatical zeppelin fan. I was interested in what the final dates were on the 1977 tour that were canceled after the death of Roberts son. And then what dates besides Chicago and Detroit had been set. Then last but not least the setlist for the 1980 north American tour or do rehearsal recordings exist.

Thanks James

Answer
Hi James.

Great question.

The final dates after the last Zeppelin show in the USA in Oakland at the Alameda County Coliseum were July 30 in New Orleans at the Superdome. -- August 2 and 3 in Chicago at Chicago Stadium. -- Aug 8 in Buffalo at Rich Coliseum. -- Aug 9 and 10 in Pittsburgh at the Civic Arena. Aug 13 also in Pittsburgh at John F Kennedy Stadium.

The 1980 tour dates that were cancelled were October 17 in Quebec at the Montreal Forum -- October 19 and 20 in Landover, Maryland at the Capitol Center. -- October 22 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at the Spectrum. -- Oct 23 Again at The Cap Center in Maryland. -- October 26 and 27 in Richfield, Ohio at the Richfield Coliseum. --  Oct 29 and 30 in Detroit, Michigan at Joe Louis Arena. -- November 1 in Buffalo, NY at War Memorial Stadium. -- November 3 and 4 again in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at The Spectrum. -- November 6 and 7 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at the Civic Arena. -- Nov 9 in St. Paul Minnesota at the Civic Centre Arena. And November 10, 12, 13 & 15 in Chicago Illinois at Chicago Stadium.

The setlist for the 1980 tour was not officially announced but plans were to include much of the European set including a rousing version of Carouselambra which would take center stage away from the usual Dazed and Confused.  I personally would have killed to see that!!!

As it stood the usual 1980 set list consisted of: Train Kept A Rollin'/Nobody's Fault But Mine/Black Dog/In The Evening/The Rain Song/Hot Dog/All My Love/Trampled Underfoot/Since I've Been Loving You/Achilles Last Stand/White Summer-Black Mountainside/Kashmir/Stairway To Heaven/Rock and Roll/Heartbreaker.

Hope this helped!

Chris Z.

Led Zeppelin

Chris M. Zangara