Led Zeppelin/'07 Classic Rock Living Legend Award: major faux pas?

Question
YT_screenshot
YT_screenshot  
Hi. When the 2007 Classic Rock 'Living Legend' award was presented to Jimmy, there was a video highlight reel that was screened at the ceremony just prior to him coming on stage and accepting. (I recall last year, I think, reading a FB post by Peter Makowski mentioning the vid, and noting that he wrote the copy for the piece). My question is one I'm hoping for THE definitive answer, although I think I already know the answer. Barely a minute into the video, around the 45 second mark, a pic of Jimmy morphs into a picture of a young Mitch Mitchell. Please, please confirm that's the case. And, not one for gossip, but...would you happen to know if, at the time or subsequent, Jimmy or Makowski made any comment about it? I've just found you guys and see that there haven't been any updates since the New Year -- hope you're all still at it, and thanks(!) for all the fascinating info.

Answer
Hello

When I first saw this clip years ago, I wondered who the kid was at the 45 second mark, because he certainly wasn't Jimmy.  Once the photo started making the rounds as being wrongly attributed to Page, it didn't take long for some keen-eyed fans to point out that it was actually Mitchell.  I have no evidence of Page commenting about the blunder, which doesn't surprise me - it would have surely been awkward for him to scrutinize some aspect of a video paying tribute to his career.  Plus, he had bigger things on his mind at the time, such as the then-upcoming O2 reunion gig.

Mike

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell