Led Zeppelin/Robert Plant Poetry

Every few days I hear something that will spark my interest - I look up something about Led Zeppelin, and I get lost for an hour or two reading everything in my path. I once read that while writing songs for Zeppelin, Robert Plant was reading several books of poetry that served as inspiration. I did not think to write down the title, but I now very much want to know what poetry Plant was reading that served as inspiration. I would like to read it. Unfortunately I cannot find it, and I've been looking. All I can remember is that I read of several different examples, I believe two examples, of his reading books of poetry from '69 to '73. So, the answer is out there somewhere.

Hi Max!

There's no real specifics I can find regarding poetry but Robert immersed himself in books on his homeland and the Welsh and Celtic history. "Magical Arts of Celtic Britain" by Lewis Spence is one. And of course he was obsessed with the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Tolkien.  

I'll keep trying for more specifics and post a follow up when I can.  Thanks.

Hope this helped!

Chris Z.  

Led Zeppelin

Chris M. Zangara

I`m not only a Zeppelin fanatic, but I have been collecting Zeppelin - including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant solo music & information - for over 27 years. I am truly a lover of Page/Plant music in & out of Zeppelin simply because of the honesty & integrity of it all. - I have been studying them for as long as I have been listening to Rock/Blues Music. Their interpretation of the blues is unlike any other. I look forward to any question and will answer the very best I can - as above all - I am just a fan like you! (Please understand my interest is in the music and people of REAL life; NOT in rumor or fantasy).

Lover of blues roots and rock music from early 1900's to today. Musician for 30 years, mostly study of guitar and recording engineering.

http://ledzeppelinconcertticket.net/zeppelin_concert_club_west.html (click the PINK ticket). Other miscellaneous articles from allexperts given to help anyone who asks. I love to share.

Sound mixing and engineering certification and self training.