Led Zeppelin/Led Zeppelin I have the "Side two" label on both sides of the record

Question
Hello,
In one of your answer you are recording that you heard when Led Zeppelin HAD the "Side One" label on Both Sides of the record.
I have that record (UK, 588171, Red/Plum label). Only not "SIDE ONE" but "SIDE TWO".
Maybe you can help me to find out whether it's "misprints" and given the LP value.
If necessary I can send pictures to the label.
Thank you.

Answer
Hi Andris

Though I am not surprised, I hadn't yet been aware of a 588171 with a duplicate "Side Two" label.
This copy would be more accurately called a mislabeled record, rather than a misprinted one.  A misprint (bad spelling, wrong info, typos, etc) is generally found on a very early pressing, and thus quite valuable.  Mislabeled copies, however, are found among many Led Zeppelin album pressings and reissues, and run the gamut of errors - wrong side, wrong album, wrong band.

I could give an estimated value if provided the matrix # (etched in the runoff area), vinyl condition and a picture of the label. It's doubtful that the labeling mistake would add much value, but some UK 588171 copies are more valuable than others.

Mike

Led Zeppelin

Mike Caldwell