Legal Ethics/Legal Ethics for reality show

Hi Paul

There is this tv reality show on National geographic called "Drugs Inc." Where the producers of the show go into the dealers homes and have him show the viewers how they process their drugs to sell. And they also spend time with the users on how they shoot up to get their high. I know with the war on drugs in America that all these activities are illegal. If they are why is the federal government allowing this show to be aired all across the Nation on tv? It would seem logical that this show would of been banned before it even got broadcasted.

Have a Merry Christmas

It is not illegal to air illegal activity.  It is illegal to become a co-conspirator in the illegal activity.

There are a number of shows that air illegal activities; ie: "Moonshiners", "Intervention", "Amish Mafia", etc.  The program has to be very rigid in failing to assist the illegal activity in any manner.

My question is why doesn't law enforcement watch the show or subpoena the clips before they are aired to go after the criminal activity.

Very interesting question.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Legal Ethics

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I have been a practicing civil trial attorney since 1989 and have a master's degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy in comparative ethics of law, medicine and business.

I am Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and am Certified as a Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.

I can answer questions dealing with general ethics principles, including legal ethics, medical ethics, bioethics and business ethics. I do not give legal advice over the internet.

For more information, you can view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

Experience in the area
I have been a practicing trial attorney since 1989 and I have a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics.

Organizations belong to
State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosphy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM