Legal Ethics/car sale gone wrong

At Midway Nissan in Glendale, AZ.On jan, 8 2012 I traded in a car that I owed 8000 dollars on and making payments. and the deal was it was too be paid off and then I would pay a down payment of 2500 in 30 days and then start making payments of 425 monthly on the new car loan. I signed  all the papers and they let me take the car.Then after I drove the 2500 miles and started working more hours in order to make the down payment and the higher monthly payments.the dealer called me and said they needed a cosigner. I told them I could not get a one. They then said they couldn't get a bank to aproved the loan so I have give them back the car. Do I realy have to give the car back after all that. They didn't tell me the loan was not final. They told me I had to agree to the 2500 hundred down payment to get agroved. Thank you

You need to look at the paperwork to see if it indicates that the deal was contingent on financing approval.  I suggest you request to speak to the General Manager to determine what they base their new requirement on.  If there is no listed contingency, they may have to finance it directly at the dealership if you want to keep the car.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Legal Ethics

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I have been a practicing civil trial attorney since 1989 and have a master's degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy in comparative ethics of law, medicine and business.

I am Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and am Certified as a Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.

I can answer questions dealing with general ethics principles, including legal ethics, medical ethics, bioethics and business ethics. I do not give legal advice over the internet.

For more information, you can view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

Experience in the area
I have been a practicing trial attorney since 1989 and I have a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics.

Organizations belong to
State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosphy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM