Legal Ethics/chain of custduy

Hi Paul.I had a broken spinal needle left in my spinal canal after surgery for almost a year that has caused me nerve damage.That is why i am asking you the questions i am asking and and how i deal with what i have told you in my previous email,so can you read back though my email's and give me an answer to the question i previously ask. Thanks Paul    Please Reply

I can only answer your question based upon the Rules of Evidence from the US.  In the US, you do not need to show the Chain of Custody for the needle.  You would need to look through your medical records to determine what needle was utilized and then determine the manufacturer.  If you want to proceed with a products case, you need to know the manufacturer and distributor.  However, the needle should not have broken off and certainly should not have been left so I would speak to an attorney about a potential medical malpractice case.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Legal Ethics

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I have been a practicing civil trial attorney since 1989 and have a master's degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy in comparative ethics of law, medicine and business.

I am Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and am Certified as a Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.

I can answer questions dealing with general ethics principles, including legal ethics, medical ethics, bioethics and business ethics. I do not give legal advice over the internet.

For more information, you can view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

Experience in the area
I have been a practicing trial attorney since 1989 and I have a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics.

Organizations belong to
State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosphy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM