Legal Ethics/chain of custduy

Question
Hi Paul.I had a broken spinal needle left in my spinal canal after surgery for almost a year that has caused me nerve damage.That is why i am asking you the questions i am asking and and how i deal with what i have told you in my previous email,so can you read back though my email's and give me an answer to the question i previously ask. Thanks Paul    Please Reply

Answer
Tanya,

I can only answer your question based upon the Rules of Evidence from the US.  In the US, you do not need to show the Chain of Custody for the needle.  You would need to look through your medical records to determine what needle was utilized and then determine the manufacturer.  If you want to proceed with a products case, you need to know the manufacturer and distributor.  However, the needle should not have broken off and certainly should not have been left so I would speak to an attorney about a potential medical malpractice case.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Legal Ethics

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.