Legal Ethics/Recording a conversation in a private setting

I recently was at an old co-workers house and we were discussing the stresses and frustration of some  of my current co-workers. I did ask that they kept this conversation between the two of us, as i was just venting and explained this to them, but I later learned they had recorded it and were having some of the people of topic listen to the parts I said. The only purpose of this was to make me look bad and now things are much worse at work. I am curious if there is any legal recourse to obtain and delete the recording at least. I'm in Nebraska if that matters.

This is more of a legal question that ethics.  I am not licensed to practice law in Nebraska; however, it is my understanding that Nebraska is a one-party recording state.  This means that someone can tape record a conversation as long as one party is aware of the taping.  In other words, it would not be legal to leave a recorder in a room and have 2 unknowing parties talk among themselves but is within the boundaries of the law if the party recording is present for the conversation.  

Since the person recording knew of the recording, it would appear to be legal.

To determine the laws of Nebraska to respond to whether you have recourse to delete the recording, you would need to speak with an attorney in Nebraska.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Legal Ethics

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I have been a practicing civil trial attorney since 1989 and have a master's degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy in comparative ethics of law, medicine and business.

I am Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and am Certified as a Specialist in Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation by the State Bar of Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.

I can answer questions dealing with general ethics principles, including legal ethics, medical ethics, bioethics and business ethics. I do not give legal advice over the internet.

For more information, you can view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

Experience in the area
I have been a practicing trial attorney since 1989 and I have a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics.

Organizations belong to
State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosphy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM