Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics/Question

Question
How much american presidents before George W.Bush(George Bush junior) are ellected for two mandates and in what years?Some times ago I've heard, that very little US presidents are ellected for two mandates.I don't know if this is true.

Answer
Dear Plamen:

There have been 14 presidents who have been TWICE elected to full terms:

There were thirteen who served for two full terms, and Barack Obama who was just elected for his second four-year term:

1. George Washington
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. James Madison
4. James Monroe
5. Andrew Jackson
6. Ulysses S. Grant
7. Grover Cleveland == his two terms were not consecutive
8. Woodrow Wilson
9. Franklin D. Roosevelt (served 3 full terms and died early in his 4th term).
10. Dwight Eisenhower
11. Ronald Reagan
12. Bill Clinton
13. George W. Bush.
14. Barack Obama ( still serving his second term)
Note: all of the above except Cleveland served their terms consecutively. Cleveland was the only President to leave office and then return later..

There were three other presidents who were elected to two terms, but they did not complete the second term:
1. Abraham Lincoln (assassinated at the beginning of his second term).
2. William McKinley (assassinated at the beginning of his second term).
3. Richard Nixon (resigned during his second term).

There were also four presidents who were elected to a second term, but they hadn't been elected to the first (they didn't serve a full first term).
1. Theodore Roosevelt (completed McKinley's second term and was elected to one term of his own).
2. Calvin Coolidge (completed Warren Harding's term and was elected to one term of his own).
3. Harry Truman (completed FDR's fourth term and was elected to one term of his own).
4. Lyndon B. Johnson (completed Kennedy's term and was elected to one term of his own).

*** What you have heard is not true.  In fact, MANY U.S. presidents, as shown in the list, have been twice elected to four-year terms.

*** PLEASE COMPLETE THE EVALUATION FORM THAT COMES WITH THIS ANSWER.

Ted Nesbitt

Legislation, Presidential & Congressional Politics

Ted Nesbitt